Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Hoping it’s nonsense..

Can someone enlighten me about the Spanish sports media?

Worse than here? Make up BS and drama?

As far as I can tell, same as the UK and in many countries really - a lot of different ones with varying levels of accuracy. This, from what I've been told is a fascist rag that doesn't really know anything. 

I don't think we'll buy anyone else.

When was the last time Villa bought someone major in the last couple of days of the transfer window which weren't panic buys?  I don't think Monchi and Emery will do any panic buys.

We have a good squad which will be stronger once Ramsey, Moreno, Coutinho & Dendoncker are fit again, and Zaniola is integrated into the squad. 

Ornstein reporting that Chelsea can't get Lukaku out on a permanent deal so are resigned to just loaning him out. I know Dan Bardell said previously that he thought or heard Villa were interested, makes you think...

19 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Ornstein reporting that Chelsea can't get Lukaku out on a permanent deal so are resigned to just loaning him out. I know Dan Bardell said previously that he thought or heard Villa were interested, makes you think...

If he stays in the UK he'll end up at spurs.

We haven’t been linked, but for those who are interested in checking out talents… There are many big clubs circling around Sverre Nypan who plays regularly for Rosenborg in Norway as a 16 year old. Reminds me a bit of Ødegaard in the way he plays. He is a manu fan himself and is a club who is apparently watching him. Wouldn’t mind him at Villa.

• Thanks 1

Very few tangible links currently, I'm concerned that we may be done. Acuna now injured which has a silver lining as it hopefully means Digne staying, but we are still short of options with the injuries.

It will really annoy me if we have moved on Archer, Ramsey and Philogene for a combined £40m to not reinvest that money. The only reason I could see not to do that is for FFP reasons, but if we are allowed to spend it then we should be going in for players like Kudus who are available within that price range. Thiago Almada also available for 15m Euros, so there are options out there that would improve us. We seem to have had trouble finding a right back too, or we are happy with only Cash as our only out and out right back. 

Overall a positive window but if no one else comes in then I still feel we are short again. 

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

We have Digne. Just keep the LB situation as is.

We really need a RB, but our greater need is a striker.

Duran is nowhere near good enough at the moment.

Fully agree. RB and striker/forward need to come in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

We have Digne. Just keep the LB situation as is.

We really need a RB, but our greater need is a striker.

Duran is nowhere near good enough at the moment.

Digne is signed until 2026. We don't need to worry about him. The striker thing is nonsense. Duran isn't our back up last resort striker. Diaby can play there. Emery said he can. Man City have no back up striker to Haaland. Alvarez is less of back up striker than Diaby. 

If JPB, Davis and Archer are off and Digne is hanging around, who else leaves at this point?

Will Iroegbunam, Chrisene and Marschall be looking at loans unless injuries prevent it?

What about Hause?

With Coutinho and Ramsey out for a while do we keep Traore around or is he headed out?

I think we'll see a defender in the door yet either DR or DRC

44 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

I was convinced we'd get 3 more after Zaniolo but now it looks like 1 if we're lucky. 

We won't sign for the sake of it either though.

Numerous posters have highlighted Unai/Monchi quotes stating we are still looking to add to the squad and if/when our targets come available then we will act. Whether that's 1 player or 3 players or more.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Very few tangible links currently, I'm concerned that we may be done. Acuna now injured which has a silver lining as it hopefully means Digne staying, but we are still short of options with the injuries.

It will really annoy me if we have moved on Archer, Ramsey and Philogene for a combined £40m to not reinvest that money. The only reason I could see not to do that is for FFP reasons, but if we are allowed to spend it then we should be going in for players like Kudus who are available within that price range. Thiago Almada also available for 15m Euros, so there are options out there that would improve us. We seem to have had trouble finding a right back too, or we are happy with only Cash as our only out and out right back. 

Overall a positive window but if no one else comes in then I still feel we are short again. 

If we can't get who we want right now it still doesn't mean moving players on when their stock is high is a bad move, would rather have a pot for January than be scrambling to get cash in then to fund things. I think we're overhyping the squad depth needed for Europe with how handy the group should be, we'll likely have one average team and 2 teams our reserves should beat comfortably even with our current squad looking a bit thin.

Still think we'll certainly see another 2 but if we don't it's not the end of the world