Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

17 minutes ago, pete101 said:

This one scares me a bit after seeing bailey struggle but with that logic I guess we wouldn't have signed Watkins after Hogan 

Or Kamara after Sanson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, pete101 said:

This one scares me a bit after seeing bailey struggle but with that logic I guess we wouldn't have signed Watkins after Hogan 

We would never have had to sign Watkins and let Hogan go if one of our other players had the ability to spot all those clever little runs. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Diaby would be super exciting. He was always the more rated between him and Bailey but there's also probably no harm that they've played together before either.

Of course there is an adjustment period for playing at a higher level but he's got decent UCL and UEL experience and it's probably the right time in his career for him to move somewhere.

If the links are real it's a big thumbs up from me. 

10 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Go on then, let’s get excited about Diaby… 

The thing I like most about his play from these types of videos is that generally it seems like he makes the right decision in crucial moments. So many of those clips he could have gone for goal himself but chose to square it on a plate for someone else. We could do with more composure like that going forward. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

If the links are real it's a big thumbs up from me. 

I'm sooooooo suspicious of agent-seeded rumours meant to inflate transfer fees and lock in better contracts. But we heard that Diaby is even now eye-hearting a Bailey tweet (wooooo!). But a player wouldn't be in on mind-games, right? I ask genuinely. So even though this story seems silly, it has me thinking that maybe ... just maybe ... Diaby is wisely interested in our incredible club. Fingers and toes crossed ...

With that said, Diaby was among the responders to Bailey's latest Instagram post.

Bailey shared a picture of himself and his Jamaica teammates celebrating after their CONCACAF Gold Cup quarter-final win over Guatemala. He wrote: "Next stop Vegas. Semi-finals, here we come!"
Diaby responded with three heart eyes emojis. This prompted a couple of responses from fans, with one saying: "Come join him at Villa Park," while a second added: "Come to Villa!"

Edited by Marka Ragnos

38 minutes ago, Silent_Bob said:

Haaland did okay.

Haaland is a player even an idiot could see is very special. This guy is the best goalscorer of his generation. Generational talents will succeed in any league. 

Players from the bundasleaga, that made their name in Germany are a real mixed bag. Even the great Micheal Ballack, never reached the level he did in Germany. The list of flops is certainly as big as the successes, particularly in recent times. Most end up being somewhere in between, like Matip (had good spells, but also poor spell), konate has been a mixed bag, and Sane, are good.examples of this.

4 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Haaland is a player even an idiot could see is very special. This guy is the best goalscorer of his generation. Generational talents will succeed in any league. 

Players from the bundasleaga, that made their name in Germany are a real mixed bag. Even the great Micheal Ballack, never reached the level he did in Germany. The list of flops is certainly as big as the successes, particularly in recent times. Most end up being somewhere in between, like Matip (had good spells, but also poor spell), konate has been a mixed bag, and Sane, are good.examples of this.

Diaby is a PSG academy player, they are rather good at developing players. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Virtually identical to the Bailey's German League Best Bits video.

Gives me shivers (and not good ones).

I think the Bailey expectations to reality have seriously given me PTSD of tricky, fast wingers/forwards from Bundesliga.

Bailey was an absolute nightmare when he first came. We scored like 8 goals when he was playing to 2 when he was not in his first 200 minutes (and we'd played like 7 games) he just crocked himself with these hamstring injuries and he's terrified to just knock the ball past his man and beat him with pace. He's gone down injured the last 2 times he's done it so it's understandable as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I'm sooooooo suspicious of agent-seeded rumours meant to inflate transfer fees and lock in better contracts. But we heard that Diaby is even now eye-hearting a Bailey tweet (wooooo!). But a player wouldn't be in on mind-games, right? I ask genuinely. So even though this story seems silly, it has me thinking that maybe ... just maybe ... Diaby is wisely interested in our incredible club. Fingers and toes crossed ...

He could literally be just supporting his friend. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

The thing I like most about his play from these types of videos is that generally it seems like he makes the right decision in crucial moments. So many of those clips he could have gone for goal himself but chose to square it on a plate for someone else. We could do with more composure like that going forward. 

Almost as if his highlights have been carefully selected to show him doing good things