Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

26 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Not a big enough jump from Bailey to warrant the signing for me....tbh I'm not sure he's better.

I want a wow signing here, Torres or Williams. 

This for me - I know that improvements in the squad usually have to be incremental - but to put (for example) £40m fee plus £25m in wages over 5 years, for such a small improvement - madness.
However, if Unai believes it's right - then we do it. 

We seem to have a priority for value now - not something we have really had in the past - and over the years, this can save tens of millions. 
MON went mad on players barely better (or not better) than what we had - Dunne, Collins, Knight, Davies, Cuellar, Beye. Lots of us were probably excited to get a new player in, but if they don't take the club forward, then eventually they start to hold the club back. Lerner just stopped the losses eventually, and we had a 10 year decline. 

26 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

When was 16 players signed in PL when I checked week ago or so Pau transfer that will happen was 12.5% of PL transfers so equal most. People need to calm down

People who say 'calm down' are always the ones who need to calm down.

Just now, HKP90 said:

Not sure how to answer that. I got the info from Sky Sports summary of the window so far. Also, who's not calm? I was just providing an update.

Was just general statement following on from your post. Not saying you need to be calm

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Was just general statement following on from your post. Not saying you need to be calm

OK. Cos I got a pretty good calm going on right now. Kids are in school.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

State of the weather today - he might just **** off back to Spain. 😉
Welcome to the English summer. Bring a coat.

Humid though, innit.

8 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Ooh, I recognise that toilet! Defo BHX.

He's probably thinking 'why the f*** are people filming me going through a metal detector.'

he doesnt arrive in the UK until 12:15 or something, that was in Spain i think.

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I sense a disturbance in the force. As if millions of Villans suddenly cried out with terror. And then we signed Weston McKennie.

do you remember last summer when a lot of Villa fans were desperate for us to sign him!?

then all the reports of "McKennie isnt keen on Villa, he see's himself at a European club".

Then he joins Leeds, and plays like guy from the local pub.

The rest is history, as they say.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

he doesnt arrive in the UK until 12:15 or something, that was in Spain i think.

Are you saying that the toilets in Spain are the same as here. Pish I say.

Just now, pete101 said:

The problem here is that levy will double any asking price for us

I took it as more that Betis are his likely destination. Not sure we are interested but… apparently we are still after another midfielder. I would think that would be a DM if Dendoncker leaves, we need direct cover/competition for Kamara rather than players filling in.

The stronger the squad we have, the more often we can play everyone in their best positions and roles. Making us stronger and more effective overall.

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Not a big enough jump from Bailey to warrant the signing for me....tbh I'm not sure he's better.

I want a wow signing here, Torres or Williams. 

We're only signing players... for Nigel

(slightly obscure reference) 

• Haha 3