Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

If we're struggling with "transfer withdrawal" may I suggest some grounding exercises and breathing techniques to help with the anxiety? 

Square breathing is good for this.... Breathe in for 4 seconds, hold for 4 seconds, exhale for 4 seconds then rest for 4 seconds. Repeat until you remember the days of what we use to refer to as "potential of signing Carlton Palmer anxiety" and remind yourself that it never happened. 

You're welcome. 😘

Fairly relaxed myself, football isn't about who you dream to sign in the transfer window. It's about getting the right manager and building a team and an identity. Have full faith in those in charge right now. Not to mention the window isn't even open yet. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, av1 said:

To be fair mate I’ve said that I can’t explain my dislike of the bloke so it probably says more about me than him. 

I genuinely one of life’s lovers that sees the best in everyone, but every now and I take a dislike to people and I can’t always explain why. 

Like I said, that probably reflects more negatively on me than anyone else 

Give yourself some credit. I think people pick up on subliminal stuff, too, that's hard to find exact words for. Doesn't mean he's not a fit for us,  but I personally think he's good but not quite good enough for Villa. I look at that tweet and I see "staged."

IMG_5466.jpeg.018018d311d52fc0ff9cdde8000c4155.jpeg

Edited by Marka Ragnos

11 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Fairly relaxed myself, football isn't about who you dream to sign in the transfer window. It's about getting the right manager and building a team and an identity. Have full faith in those in charge right now. Not to mention the window isn't even open yet. 

Yes and no. Domestic window opened June 14th. International window is July 1st. We can still have agreements in place but can’t officially seal the deal until then.

6 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yes and no. Domestic window opened June 14th. International window is July 1st. We can still have agreements in place but can’t officially seal the deal until then.

Tielemans contract doesn't start until July 1st

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I knew Bobby very well Sheepy.....but I don't know the answer to your question other than he joined Villa in 1971 at 16.

Must have been part of that side. He was only a youngster in the final against Norwich. 

Our very own "Supermac".

15 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Lotsa smoke, no fire. We ain't signing noone any more, I can just feel it. The old Villa is back.

Indeed.

Conning the fans into buying season tickets and shit kits.

Will get the customary " we tried " comments after all the suckers have been fleeced for their money.

Unai Ellis, Doug Monchi and Chris Fox out!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

You can sign players anytime you want, you just can’t register them until the window opens.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Some will still want to see, if a more fancied proposition, comes in.

I am still dubious of players, who are not excited and fully committed to joining us.....but that equally has to be tempered, by our stock rising, and some are still not aware.

I want committed footballers....not just career chasers, with guarantees, where football has few guarantees on both sides.

I think we have to accept that the number of players who will see Villa as their "dream club" is going to be pretty small - especially now that we are trying to recruit in the same pond as the "big" teams (who have exploited the boom of the PL and Champions League to grow their global standing).  So the key is going to be getting players in and then trying to make them "fall in love" with the club and convince them to see how their ambitions can be fulfilled here.  I think as a club we are actually pretty good at that kind of thing - many "multi-club" players appear to look back at their career with Villa fondly and if anything we seem to be getting better at doing it too.

I would be wary of players who are very obviously only looking to use us as a stepping stone to a "bigger" club - but at the same time recognise that if players sign for us and then move on to Man City, Real Madrid, etc then they've probably benefitted us as well.  Obviously, the aim / hope is that players arrive, enjoy being part of the club, see their career develop (either in terms of winning silverware, earning international caps or winning the World Cup) and then stay to help us realise our ambitions too.  I think we're currently a pretty fun club to be at as a player - certainly in comparison to several of those aiming to be Top 8 next season.  The key is to build on that good atmosphere by also providing a more competitive platform that further limits the options in terms of obvious career progression.  I do think that we are in a much better position to do that than clubs like Brighton (and previously Leicester).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1