Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Personally I think any new signings won’t be announced until Monchi officially takes the reins. 

Fingers crossed next Wednesday could be fun 🤞

6Iq.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, allani said:

I think we have to accept that the number of players who will see Villa as their "dream club" is going to be pretty small - especially now that we are trying to recruit in the same pond as the "big" teams (who have exploited the boom of the PL and Champions League to grow their global standing).  So the key is going to be getting players in and then trying to make them "fall in love" with the club and convince them to see how their ambitions can be fulfilled here.  I think as a club we are actually pretty good at that kind of thing - many "multi-club" players appear to look back at their career with Villa fondly and if anything we seem to be getting better at doing it too.

I would be wary of players who are very obviously only looking to use us as a stepping stone to a "bigger" club - but at the same time recognise that if players sign for us and then move on to Man City, Real Madrid, etc then they've probably benefitted us as well.  Obviously, the aim / hope is that players arrive, enjoy being part of the club, see their career develop (either in terms of winning silverware, earning international caps or winning the World Cup) and then stay to help us realise our ambitions too.  I think we're currently a pretty fun club to be at as a player - certainly in comparison to several of those aiming to be Top 8 next season.  The key is to build on that good atmosphere by also providing a more competitive platform that further limits the options in terms of obvious career progression.  I do think that we are in a much better position to do that than clubs like Brighton (and previously Leicester).

I concur.......pretty much in a nutshell.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I post GIF's, get over yourself. 

I don't troll, I post light-hearted responses to most stuff, and try to contribute where I can. 

You seem to have gone off the rails lately, perhaps lighten up?

Good lad 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Declan Rice played 59 games I think it was last season for Wet Spam. That's not sustainable, especially for those among our players who are pushing 30. We need a squad where there isn't a huge drop off from the starters to the rotation players if we aim to compete in more than just the league. It also keeps the quality up in training where you have to push yourself to keep your place.

Not saying that CB would be my highest priority position but I'd be delighted if we managed to get Pau Torres as he's both a very good player, especially on the ball compared to most CB'S and he also offers future proofing as he's only 26.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's not rubbishing the link. I can think rotating CBs is a bad thing and we need signings in another area more than a big money CB

You can think whatever you want, nothing seems to stop you 😆 Shitting on links is what you do, you made a few comments in the Torres thread too - you specifically shat on the Torres link to start with then went quiet…

But aah, so what? Carry on…

Just don’t tell lies 🤣

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

You can think whatever you want, nothing seems to stop you 😆 Shitting on links is what you do, you made a few comments in the Torres thread too - you specifically shat on the Torres link to start with then went quiet…

But aah, so what? Carry on…

Just don’t tell lies 🤣

Why didn't you link that instead? Does it exist? 

Edited by Kiwivillan