Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Absolutely outrageous if we get close to signing him. 

If we did, he'd put a release clause in. Though we could give him the game time he wants and working with Emery surely would be desirable for any player given how he improves 90% of the players who play for him

18 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's not rubbishing the link. I can think rotating CBs is a bad thing and we need signings in another area more than a big money CB

I agree in general.....but CB's are the cornerstone of any team.

I have a sneaky feeling all is not perfect with Diego, ( but thats just me speculating) and UE wants a quality alternative.....with the amount of games we could face,next season,  I think a top CB gives us that Inner strength.....for the creative players to play off......Botman did that for Newky.

We showed last season, that the platform the defence gaves us, meant we only needed 1/2 goals to win a match....I accept, we can't alway rely on just that, but it sure is, important in our quest for consistency.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have a sneaky feeling all is not perfect with Diego, ( but thats just me speculating) and UE wants a quality alternative.....with the amount of games we could face,next season,  I think a top CB gives us that Inner strength.....for the creative players to play off......Botman did that for Newky.

We showed last season, that the platform the defence gaves us, meant we only needed 1/2 goals to win a match....I accept, we can't alway rely on just that, but it sure is, important in our quest for consistency.

Torres is LCB Carlos RCB. I can't speak for them alternating but generally natural footed play one side. No John Terry exception to rule posts

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Torres is LCB Carlos RCB. I can't speak for them alternating but generally natural footed play one side. No John Terry exception to rule posts

well, if Diego is ok.....we could have 4 really good Centre Backs.....I am happy with that.....then we can move on to the creativity side.

I don't think, the recruiters show signs of priority, when they sign certain players/positions first......I think circumstances dictate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Moreno signed on a Wednesday. Unai knows what's up.

Youri was a Saturday iirc. Saturday is the new orange.

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

No doubt it’s the main area we need to address, attack. We were very wasteful at times and lost or drew games simply down to that. We have to have more of a ruthless edge and put teams to the sword more often a la Newcastle (but even then we could have had 5 or 6!).

Unai has us playing so well, we just need to put more of the chances away and we’ll need better players to help us with that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

SSN reporting that Luton can't match Nakamba's wages so a loan is more likely.

Would be just our luck.

Can't or won't?

We're not a charity. If its a loan for the final year of the contract the fee should be higher than a transfer; they should go for it as they can then extend his stay for nothing and compete on what others offer him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

SSN reporting that Luton can't match Nakamba's wages so a loan is more likely.

Would be just our luck.

I doubt Nakamba was on or wants mega wages. They just don't want to pay him or us. They have the money, or will have soon enough. Just watch them find the money for someone else. :angry:

2 minutes ago, John said:

I doubt Nakamba was on or wants mega wages. They just don't want to pay him or us. They have the money, or will have soon enough. Just watch them find the money for someone else. :angry:

They have to spend £10-15m on the stadium to be PL compliant, they will be watching the pennies as don’t get first PL payment until mid July from a podcast I listened to, at the same time I’m sure a deal will get done.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

they will be watching the pennies as don’t get first PL payment until mid July from a podcast I listened to

They can get the money now.

For a one month loan with no risk (eg PL revenue in escrow), a bank will lend companies millions of pounds at very low rates.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

They have to spend £10-15m on the stadium to be PL compliant, they will be watching the pennies as don’t get first PL payment until mid July from a podcast I listened to, at the same time I’m sure a deal will get done.

I'm sure we wouldn't say no to deferring the transfer fee/wage difference until they have the money to pay us, that said, I struggle to accept that they are as cash strapped as that, following their play off win or could not get a temporary loan to make a couple of signings before the season starts. 

12 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Man, they are gonna be relegated by Christmas.

Just now, Enda said:

They can get the money now.

For a one month loan with no risk (eg PL revenue in escrow), a bank will lend companies millions of pounds at very low rates.

I understand, but listening to the podcast with their CEO, I got the feeling that they are being careful and are looking 5-10 years down the road to be sustainable.

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Man, they are gonna be relegated by Christmas.

Maybe, but they seem to have a long term vision and aren’t going to throw money and silly wages at players. If they get relegated they won’t be in a financial mess and should be able to go again.

Edited by QldVilla

57 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If we did, he'd put a release clause in. Though we could give him the game time he wants and working with Emery surely would be desirable for any player given how he improves 90% of the players who play for him

I’m totally fine with that as long as it is a high release of say 50m plus

Dortmund do it all the time

3 minutes ago, John said:

I'm sure we wouldn't say no to deferring the transfer fee/wage difference until they have the money to pay us, that said, I struggle to accept that they are as cash strapped as that, following their play off win or could not get a temporary loan to make a couple of signings before the season starts. 

I didn’t get the impression they are cash strapped, just that they want to be sustainable and accept that they may be relegated, but will be in a good position, unlike other teams who have been relegated in recent years.

• Like 2