Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

I’m seeing some Rodrigo link (from Leeds).  Would prefer Archer to be kept, as well as Davis. With Duran sent on loan. We shall focus on other areas at the moment. Then next summer we cone and get an upgrade on Watkins (won’t be easy to find a class striker, let alone attracting him). 

43 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Already posted CB one of least rotated positions. Managers like consistency at CB. They also like left foot right foot for out ball not 2 left footers 

So John Terry partnering Gary Cahill or David Luiz.... Quite solid CB pairings weren't they? Also, all right-footed players. Broken record alert here but I don't buy into this "you can't play two left-footed centrebacks" rhetoric, because at the end of the day, what's the difference? There is none. Left footed professional (and full international) footballers are more than capable of playing centreback together.

• Like 3

Just now, macandally said:

Morning Chaps, which potential signing we lambasting as not good enough or fitting Emery’s system today 😁

Adnan Januzaj - because there's whispers that we might be able to get him on loan.

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I’m seeing some Rodrigo link (from Leeds).  Would prefer Archer to be kept, as well as Davis. With Duran sent on loan. We shall focus on other areas at the moment. Then next summer we cone and get an upgrade on Watkins (won’t be easy to find a class striker, let alone attracting him). 

Davis?? God no

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

So John Terry partnering Gary Cahill or David Luiz.... Quite solid CB pairings weren't they? Also, all right-footed players. Broken record alert here but I don't buy into this "you can't play two left-footed centrebacks" rhetoric, because at the end of the day, what's the difference? There is none. Left footed professional (and full international) footballers are more than capable of playing centreback together.

Exceptions to the rule exist. Doesn't make this more likely

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Davis?? God no

Maybe Forest will take him on a cut price deal, otherwise I have no idea who would sign him and he's also too unreliable with his injuries to be a 2nd/3rd choice in my opinion. I can only see him going on a free eventually or maybe someone takes a punt in the championship again.

If Watkins is out there's no use keeping Davis around with the high chance he'd be out injured too anyway when we need him. 

38 minutes ago, macandally said:

Morning Chaps, which potential signing we lambasting as not good enough or fitting Emery’s system today 😁

I think it depends on who decides to go and play in Paris.

• Haha 2

Feels like Rodrigo will be our next signing and I think it's a smart one. He's experienced and will be happy to play second fiddle to Watkins. 

He will also be of good use in Europe. 

He actually had a good season for Leeds last season as well. 

1 minute ago, VillaAlex said:

Feels like Rodrigo will be our next signing and I think it's a smart one. He's experienced and will be happy to play second fiddle to Watkins. 

I agree so long as the fee and wages are reasonable 

7 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Isn’t he earning £100k per week at Leeds? He’s their biggest wage, I’m sure of it.  Not sure he’s worth that despite being a cheap fee.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Isn’t he earning £100k per week at Leeds? He’s their biggest wage, I’m sure of it.  Not sure he’s worth that despite being a cheap fee.

Completely agree. He’s 33 in March and would want at least a 2 or 3 year deal of over 100k a week.  Not for me either this one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dillon66 said:

I've never been one for youtube highlights and our recent record of signings from the Belgian league (apart from Benteke) hasn't been great, but I really like what I've seen of this kid.....really quick feet and speed of thought, not afraid to have a dig from distance, comfortable using his weaker left foot.....I think he'll be a big player, probably not with us, but I've seen worse gambles for €20m (the fee I've seen bandied about)...

yea the story and the record is basically amazing...... I havent seen him play though