Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

15 minutes ago, Awol said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if we sign Goncalves, Williams, and Felix, as our new attacking contingent. Chuck in Pau Torres and a reserve keeper and we’d be set for next season. 

Cant see it. One of those 3 attackers at best

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Awol said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if we sign Goncalves, Williams, and Felix, as our new attacking contingent. Chuck in Pau Torres and a reserve keeper and we’d be set for next season. 

Who would you have at RB?

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't know how strong the Felix links are, but I would not pay big money for him....Thats not to say, I wouldn't have him......but what AM will want, and what we are prepared to give, don't seem bridgeable to me.

He has wonderful talent, but I don't see him as a constant threat, in a game,  I see a moments player.....that won't cut it at the top level, you need players constantly in the game.

Understandable and fair but… maybe he just needs a “home”. I don’t think AM and especially Simeone were ever a good fit for him.

The finances are crazy, no argument on that. But maybe a master negotiator could broker a decent deal…

Felix isn’t the only one… though I think he has the ability to be one of the best attacking players out there and would be a massive coup for us.

There are just players out there with huge quality and potential that just need “unlocking”, to play in the right or a more positive environment and under the tutelage of the “right manager”… maybe we will target a few of those…

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

What do you think of Felix? Would he fit in and would we have any chance of signing such a player? We’d need a master negotiator at the very least.

I just think there’s players out there with huge quality and potential just waiting to be unleashed and to find a place and environment to prosper in. Most of all, they need to be working under the right manager.

I suspect that this may be one approach we might take in the transfer market, pluck these talents from their current environments and “malaises” and allow Unai to unlock them… such as Tielemans???

I honestly have no clue though 🤣

I’m just excited.

It's an exciting time to be a Villa fan right now.  I'm enjoying it!

• Like 4

It may probably just be me but I ain't all that taken with brennan johnson. 

We already have one raw forward in Duran and possibly Nico Williams. I'd rather splash the cash big time for a more established forward....whoever that may be.

Just my opinion of course....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think we'll see 1 attacker, 1 midfielder, 1 CB and 1 fullback.

Potentially other " opportunistic " or project signings as well.

I agree with that but think we’ll add a back up keeper too and some ‘prospects’ as well with a view on the future. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

Denzel Dumphries .

Not too attacking? With Unai’s current system, I would assume we’d need someone more defensive in there. Will Cash kick on and adapt next season? Konsa a good fit?

41 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Aston Villa are preparing a first official offer of £33m for Spain defender, Villarreal player Pau Torres (26), at the personal request of manager Unai Emery.

Very interesting if true and great news.

I love the "at the personal request of Unai Emery" part.

17 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

It may probably just be me but I ain't all that taken with brennan johnson. 

We already have one raw forward in Duran and possibly Nico Williams. I'd rather splash the cash big time for a more established forward....whoever that may be.

Just my opinion of course....

Agree, think it’s a typical case of young British player looks decent in a very poor team. Considering it’s such a key position for us to upgrade, I wouldn’t gamble on him if it was up to me

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Not too attacking? With Unai’s current system, I would assume we’d need someone more defensive in there. Will Cash kick on and adapt next season? Konsa a good fit?

I think the right back role will be more defensive.....it will shape to be more asymmetrical with Moreno and Digne being the raiders, on the left.

I would go for a taller full back to too, to cover the aerial balls at the back post, I can see Konsa being possibly groomed for that.....but hey ho....its up to the Master.

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Very interesting if true and great news.

I love the "at the personal request of Unai Emery" part.

They say Pau Torres is not too physical, is that right?....could be a shortfall in the Prem, with set pieces.

Edited by TRO

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think we'll see 1 attacker, 1 midfielder, 1 CB and 1 fullback.

Potentially other " opportunistic " or project signings as well.

I see us signing 3 attacking options, winger or 2 depending on if we sign a number 10 type & another forward, think Bailey & Beundia are upgradeable, Watkins on the other hand although is upgradeable not sure we'd be in a position to get someone better at the moment as that would be monster money & to try to attractthem to the project,  those players are playing Champions league football & going for tiltles, definitely someone who can play up top or both wide/forward, if Ollie gets injured we need someone who can slot in, experience forward maybe like Rodrigo of leeds maybe good shout. I think our back line & midfield when all fit have proven they can go toe to toe whith big boys, was it a 3rd place finish since Emery came in, just improve our forward line & who knows where that would take us & I think that's where the most money will be spent, just my thoughts though 👍