Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

According to Jon Uriarte, Athletic has a hole of €30 million

Summer promises to be hot in the world of Basque football. Nico Williams, the emerging jewel of Athletic Club, finds himself in the middle of a tug of war between the rojiblanco club and the siren songs coming from the Premier League. The game is on and the tactical moves are happening at breakneck speed.

The British Bid: Aston Villa Enter the Game

Félix Tainta, representative of Nico Williams, has confirmed the existence of an offer from Aston Villa, a renowned club in the English Premier League. This proposal has fallen like lightning on the Athletic board, forcing it to reconsider the bet they had put on the table to retain their young promise.

The English entity sees in Williams a valuable asset, capable of adding freshness, speed and overflow to its offensive line. Although the Bilbao club knows of the potential of the young winger, the British offer could force an improvement in the conditions for the player in San Mamés.

Unai Emery Enters the Scene: Secret Meeting?

The team is crying out for some overflow.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Why not? He always scores against them and is probably better than Jesus who was overhyped at start of last season

Jesus had similar goal scoring stats, with Jesus slightly edging Watkins.

11 in 26= 0.42 gpg

Compared to Watkins 

15 in 37=0.40 gpg

Something that adds more flavor to this broth of intrigues is the supposed meeting that Nico Williams would have had with Unai Emery , the experienced Basque coach who currently leads Villarreal CF. 

This sounds delicious

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

11 in 26= 0.42 gpg

Compared to Watkins 

15 in 37=0.40 gpg

Arsenal were also top for about 35 games and Watkins played a quarter of the season under shitbrain which sort of alters the stats

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

According to Jon Uriarte, Athletic has a hole of €30 million

Summer promises to be hot in the world of Basque football. Nico Williams, the emerging jewel of Athletic Club, finds himself in the middle of a tug of war between the rojiblanco club and the siren songs coming from the Premier League. The game is on and the tactical moves are happening at breakneck speed.

The British Bid: Aston Villa Enter the Game

Félix Tainta, representative of Nico Williams, has confirmed the existence of an offer from Aston Villa, a renowned club in the English Premier League. This proposal has fallen like lightning on the Athletic board, forcing it to reconsider the bet they had put on the table to retain their young promise.

The English entity sees in Williams a valuable asset, capable of adding freshness, speed and overflow to its offensive line. Although the Bilbao club knows of the potential of the young winger, the British offer could force an improvement in the conditions for the player in San Mamés.

Unai Emery Enters the Scene: Secret Meeting?

Villa are seemingly not that put off by the nature of the 'rejection' in January (imo defo feels like it was a 'wait until the summer') and have evidently been clearly in heavy contact for months now, given the well-substantiated claims that Villa even made a contract offer in Jan. Really think this one has legs.

Why would Ollie want to go to Spurs, a club that finished behind us despite our terrible start under Gerrard, a club that would have been even worse without Kane (who would be leaving if Ollie goes there), and a club that is clearly in chaos, when we're clearly a club moving up? Unless he's got a massive ego and wants to prove that he can fill Kane's shoes...but I don't think that's Ollie.

20 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

11 in 26= 0.42 gpg

Compared to Watkins 

15 in 37=0.40 gpg

its not just goals though, Jesus has the all round game that Watkins doesnt have, they are entirely different levels of striker tbh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Please be true!  The kid is a livewire!  Whenever I've seen Bilbao play this season he's been far and away their best player.  Rapid winger with a lot of skill, but extremely raw.  You'd think that after just a few months of Emery's coaching he could light the Premier League up.  

• Like 2

On 08/06/2023 at 20:14, Made In Aston said:

Coutinho was meant to be that man. 

Always thought he came with th e caveat that hu was great if he should recapture his previous Liverpool form. Nobody else was after him at the time it had the potential to be an amazing signing. By the time we made  it permanent heclearly wssnt where we would have liked him to be. Good loan poor permanent signing. We had a good look at him and only Steven Gerrard and his pal really thought he could recapture that moment of magic anymore. 

58 minutes ago, TomC said:

Why would Ollie want to go to Spurs, a club that finished behind us despite our terrible start under Gerrard, a club that would have been even worse without Kane (who would be leaving if Ollie goes there), and a club that is clearly in chaos, when we're clearly a club moving up? Unless he's got a massive ego and wants to prove that he can fill Kane's shoes...but I don't think that's Ollie.

And he’s an arsenal fan (I think)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The Nico Williams link has probably been the longest running one since Unai joined hasn't it?

So might be legit.

I’m pretty certain we want him. Issue is whether he will leave Bilbao and if he does who else will go for him.  Apparently Arsenal and Newcastle are interested too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m pretty certain we want him. Issue is whether he will leave Bilbao and if he does who else will go for him.  Apparently Arsenal and Newcastle are interested too.

That doesn't fill me with optimism. :(

11 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Felix’s performances for Chelsea were tainted indeed.

Im available all summer. No? I’ll get my coat.

Get your coat, get in your car, and drive far away to an area with no cellphone signal.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Villa are seemingly not that put off by the nature of the 'rejection' in January (imo defo feels like it was a 'wait until the summer') and have evidently been clearly in heavy contact for months now, given the well-substantiated claims that Villa even made a contract offer in Jan. Really think this one has legs.

Ha. There's more chance of us signing Kenneth Williams or Robbie Williams than this guy. 

If he doesn't stay at Bilbao he will go to a CL club. Or Liverpool.

Like Asensio, (who had been convinced to join until PSG got involved and then that was that!) we aren't in a position YET to usurp the big guns if they are interested in the same player. I know we managed it once with Kamara, but thats the exception rather than the rule. And make no mistake, there will be a lot of interest in this chap.

Edited by GlobalVillan