Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Technically, they don't become official until 10th June. But those are the 3 teams who have made signings since the end of last season.

So why people freaking out about no signings when not even June 10th? 

7 hours ago, TRO said:

I get a bit twitchy, when players take too long to decide to come to us.....I get it from their point of view, but nevertheless, I am looking at it, from our point of view, not theirs.

I want committed players, players with decisive action, players with the intellect to see whats happening at Aston Villa, and wanting to buy in.

These players that sit back and see what the "Dutch Auction" brings, does not strike me, as the right sort......from our point of view.

but hey ho.

I get what you mean. Equally if anyone in any field asked me if they should just sign a contract or should spend a few days doing due diligence and checking it’s the best fit for them I would tell them to take the time and make the right decision. Better for everyone in the long run than if they rush the decision and regret it. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I get what you mean. Equally if anyone in any field asked me if they should just sign a contract or should spend a few days doing due diligence and checking it’s the best fit for them I would tell them to take the time and make the right decision. Better for everyone in the long run than if they rush the decision and regret it. 

IMG_1511.thumb.webp.14281d3db71fde49035f9ce232d3fb67.webp

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

So why people freaking out about no signings when not even June 10th? 

Most of players are in vacations as well, so that wouldn’t help either I guess. 
Knowing that other clubs hadn’t done their signings shows that no need to panic. Last season we’ve done two and were the only great ones the others were ok at best. We need to get it right. I think there is still an opportunity of resigning Ash if needed, wasn’t he released last season then back against? Could do much worse.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TRO said:

I get a bit twitchy, when players take too long to decide to come to us.....I get it from their point of view, but nevertheless, I am looking at it, from our point of view, not theirs.

I want committed players, players with decisive action, players with the intellect to see whats happening at Aston Villa, and wanting to buy in.

These players that sit back and see what the "Dutch Auction" brings, does not strike me, as the right sort......from our point of view.

but hey ho.

I get what you are saying but how do players not Villa affiliated know what’s going on at Villa.  

You think how many times others or media didn’t realise we had rich owners, how many times the world dismissed us climbing the league, how little recognition a lot of our players get and also how Emery still, despite his achievements in Europe and this season at Villa, gets mocked by his time at Arsenal and his accent.  

We all know what’s going on here and while later in the season the media and others starting appreciating us we are still a bit under the radar, not to mention the media love for Newcastle and Brighton and then the shambles at Chelsea and less so, after their resurgence, of Liverpool towards the end of the season.  

In our Villa bubble we see the greatness of Villa emerging but for non-Villa people and players I can understand them doing due diligence on us, in fact I applaud them and want that kind of player if they are then committed.  If they are just using us to get a better deal elsewhere that’s a different story.

Had a little look at the dates of the first signings of previous seasons. First “major” signing. 

Diego Carlos was announced on 1st June 2022. Not going to count Coutinho as that was announced at the end of season awards, plus already here on loan…

Emi Buendia was announced on 10th June 2021. 

Jota was announced on 5th June 2019. If I remember correctly that one was completed to be considered for the previous year’s finances or something.

In the middle of all this, there was the covid delayed start to the 2020/21 season.  As such the dates are not in keeping with the usual June dates.

That being said, Matty Cash was the first major signing which was confirmed on 3rd September. 

The season finished on 26th July, so basically 40 days before Cash was announced. 

Villa, with Cash, played their first game of the new campaign on 21st September.

• Thanks 1