Premier League relegation battle 2022/3

useless

43 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Burnley over 100 points, they will be okay. Especially with Kompany at the helm. The winners of the playoffs will struggle to stay up depending on how they get on in the transfer market.

Yes but Burnley won't be in the championship next year. 3/4 of the playoffs teams plus the bottom 3 of the prem will be.Teams like Swansea or Norwich might do better next year but are no great shakes.

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

After watching the championship playoffs I would think all 3 relegated sides should be odds on to come straight back up. The gap between the Premier League and EFL is huge.

Well 2 out of 3 promoted this season have done fine, and I reckon Forest will stop up as well. Always takes a while to come to terms with the Championship as we found.

If Everton drop, which is sadly looking less likely now, they will be in such financial shite they could be in real trouble. For the others depends on how asset-stripped they get. Leicester would lose quite a few stars and not sure what depth they have. It's not easy to bounce back up.

Leeds and Leicester. Everton will be fine - they've got on the beach Bournemouth at home on the last day and then you add in their jammy luck, to go down they'd need something quite extraordinary from Leeds or Leicester, both of whom are dogshit.

8 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Beautiful - what a final day that will be..

As long as one of the teams is leeds im happy.

I think leeds will beat west ham tomorrow and Leicester will lose.

I think leicester are going down and its between leeds and everton

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Think it’s leics and Leeds to go, with that last minute equaliser for Everton today 

That goal hasn't really changed anything though. I mean of course you'd rather have the point than not, but survival is still out of Everton's hands - if Leeds win twice Everton are down regardless of the last game - and even if Leeds only win one of the two games even a draw might not be enough for Everton (depending on the GD swing since they have basically the same GDs).  

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

That goal hasn't really changed anything though. I mean of course you'd rather have the point than not, but survival is still out of Everton's hands - if Leeds win twice Everton are down regardless of the last game - and even if Leeds only win one of the two games even a draw might not be enough for Everton (depending on the GD swing since they have basically the same GDs).  

West Ham probably wont care tomorrow as well

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

West Ham probably wont care tomorrow as well

True, though I suppose you could have said the same about Wolves today as well, and it didn't do Everton much good. These teams are just really quite bad at the end of the day!

I think west ham wont risk players they main focus will be on the cup.

Can see leeds winning tomorrow. Wouldnt suprise me if its a heavy beating.

Spurs look hopeless so it would nit shock me if leeds won their last two

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think west ham wont risk players they main focus will be on the cup.

Can see leeds winning tomorrow. Wouldnt suprise me if its a heavy beating.

Spurs look hopeless so it would nit shock me if leeds won their last two

Would mean superb Sean Dyche goes down

Doesnt make sense😝

• Haha 1