Moussa Dembélé

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Think it might be a case that when Gerrard spoke to a player, it's was a case of convincing a player to be part of his plans. When Unai speaks to a player it's them who must convince him that they are worthy of his plans 

This is just nonsense sorry, what's the basis for this belief? 

Just now, maqroll said:

Slightly miffed by this. Whatever his wage demands, it would've been offset by the rather paltry 3m transfer fee. 

I'd be miffed if we were actually interested in the players and didn't want to cough up the £3m to sign him.

However, it does suggest more that we're not actually interested in the player anyway.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I'd be miffed if we were actually interested in the players and didn't want to cough up the £3m to sign him.

However, it does suggest more that we're not actually interested in the player anyway.

It does. Just did the maths on my 150k a week estimated salary, and over 4 years that's "only" 31m. For a player of his supposed ability, that's about right in this mental market.

I guess also of note is that 150k would double his salary and he surely would accept 120k.

Can only assume we didn't want him. 

Edited by MrBlack

7 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Consistent trophy winner. World class coaching reputation. Not a complete bellend. To name but a few.

People be spouting absolute shite just because Gerrard was awful.

Emery's a great coach, undeniably.

Exactly how that translates to Villa being such a top prospect that we can afford to treat top players like they must prove they are "worthy of his plans" is beyond me.

Anyone with half a brain knows that as big as we are, Villa is still a hard sell for a lot of top international talent. Emery has suggested as much in the presser last week when he said it's hard to get players here.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

People be spouting absolute shite just because Gerrard was awful.

Emery's a great coach, undeniably.

Exactly how that translates to Villa being such a top prospect that we can afford to treat top players like they must prove they are "worthy of his plans" is beyond me.

Anyone with half a brain knows that as big as we are, Villa is still a hard sell for a lot of top international talent. Emery has suggested as much in the presser last week when he said it's hard to get players here.

Yeah, I feel like had Emery turned up at Kamara's house and demanded a bunch of reasons why he's worthy of signing for us on a free we might not have beaten the competition to that particular signing.

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Thanks 1

On 23/01/2023 at 11:25, PieFacE said:

I'd argue the opposite. Selling Ings when we did wasn't short term thinking, it's long term thinking. We had an opportunity that we may not get again and took it for the better of the bigger picture financially. It would be short term thinking to hold onto Ings until we had a replacement lined up which could have ultimately killed the Ings deal. 

It was a risk, the club took it, we won the game. Everything worked out fine.

As for Dembele, we have 2 weeks to get him in now before the next game. Relax. 

Those 2 weeks have made all the difference eh?

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Those 2 weeks have made all the difference eh?

Really don't understand your point?

Unless something changes in the next 12 hours or whatever, the club have decided to not sign him this window. So they're happy to go with what we've got until the next window. Selling Ings was still the smart thing to do imo if that's the point you're trying to make? 

Â