Moussa Dembélé

Delphinho123

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Translate it yourself.

For the lazies

▫️ According to our information, Southampton is very interested in the arrival of the player at the end of the contract next June. On the Lyon side, we were even told that an offer had been made."

Says Villa considering him for summer too. Think there seems to be no appetite to move for him this window and pay a fee. Rather just discuss a contract with him for Summer. Logic for me is we've Watkins and Duran for the Striker role and maybe Emery and the club want to see what they can offer. 

I think we need another attacker who can play up top with Watkins / Duran or can playas a Striker. So a versatile forward.

Emery said himself at press conference that we were going to try and sign a striker this window, so if we don't make a move for Dembele this window then I think that's probably confirmation that we're not actually interested in the player.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, useless said:

Emery said himself at press conference that we were going to try and sign a striker this window, so if we don't make a move for Dembele this window then I think that's probably confirmation that we're not actually interested in the player.

Or that the fee Lyon want this window is higher than we are willing to pay

Just now, PieFacE said:

Could just be as simple as Dembele would rather wait for his contract to come to an end so he can get a bigger pay day. Which is fair enough. 

Yeah more clubs in market for him in Summer so better options and payday

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RichW said:

If he does go to Southampton this window then i'd imagine Villa didn't really have much interest in him. 

If he goes there I would be disappointed that we were not in for him as well, but as you have said, it would seem that we have other fish to fry.  

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Or that the fee Lyon want this window is higher than we are willing to pay

I've seen the fee quoted in the press as 3-8m Euros. I find it difficult to believe that these figures would deter us from putting in an offer. More likely that we aren't interested as we don't think the player is good enough. 

47 minutes ago, Folski said:

Surely if you’re Dembele you want the transfer fee paid to you via wages rather than to Lyon.

And surely you won't sign for a team in a relegation battle that might be playing in a lower division the next season. 

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Feel like if we haven't gone for him it's down to wage demands being astronomical or Emery not rating him.

If Southampton get him I think they'll have done some great business. 

3m is laughable for him.

You could buy him and move him on for 15m without blinking in the summer

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Feels like this window has been all about a small number of players being linked with every club in the bottom half. Danjuma, Dembele, Deulofeu on repeat.

It's almost like no one really knows what is going on with some agents pushing moves for a few players by talking to the media.

Just now, paul514 said:

3m is laughable for him.

You could buy him and move him on for 15m without blinking in the summer

I think so too. But then if he wants a 150k wage along with it, you run the risk of noone else wanting to pay it, and being stuck with him if he flops. As a calculated gamble, I'd say its still worth it.

• Like 1

Â