Moussa Dembélé

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

This.

When he's out of contract in the summer he'll have the pick of offers from any club. He'll be able to demand a large signing on fee, large bonuses, and a large wage.

Worth trying to pay a small fee now, and getting it tied up before anyone else comes sniffing around.

Although I trust Unai and the team know this.

Not really - summer opens up new options and players are likely to become available.

It's probably a case of "pay a fee now for a player that's not exactly what we want" or wait to see what comes up in the summer, especially should we get European football. 

It would be wise to get another striker, but we can do with Watkins, Bailey and our new Colombian youngster for the remaining 18 games.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

We need to get this done now...he will be snapped up by bigger fish in the summer

We can already sign him to a contract if we want. He has six months left on his deal so he can agree a bosman to another country. 

16 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

We need to get this done now...he will be snapped up by bigger fish in the summer

I’m not rising to the bait and getting hauled into another fish pun net while I trawl the forums for news. 

4 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

not really, because we would likely have to pay him a signing bonus in the summer anyway. 

We would have to pay him one now too. He isn't stupid, he knows his contract is up this summer and can already agree deals with clubs outside France. 

Playing out like a classic Villa transfer under NSWE.

1.Initial rumour from sources in teams country. 

2.Goes quite for a week or two. 

3.Announced 'out of nowhere' with fairly little fuss. 

Just waiting for step 3...

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Didn’t come off the bench today away to Ajaccio.

Wonder if we’ll try and secure his services now instead of the summer. 

I think we’ll keep it to deadline day, we’ll see if they’re ready to let him go. Maybe as we’re not in a big need we’ll just gamble on getting the best deal. If not then we’re convinced we’re fine with what we have in that department.

• Like 1

Â