Moussa Dembélé

Delphinho123

32 minutes ago, macandally said:

To stop it being an auction on wages?

If he is on a free, he will go to the highest bidder 

No the fake tw@tter account saying loan until the end of the season followed by 8 million transfer.... For a player who'll be out of contract. The player holds the cards here not the clubs.

i suspect this will happen, no real rush though, weve got a week or so to get it done, all about quibbling over a little bit of money now. Rather drive it until the last day of the window for the lowest possible price, hes not coming in as a starter and were in a very safe position so no need to rush.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Why? We had one game to get through without him being on the bench (which we won) and now we've got plenty of time to secure a signing before the window closes 🤨

Also, it's not like the team is thinking "ok, we sold Ings, what do we do now?"

We have been searching for a long time, it's a case of getting the right person in. The foundation work was done over the last few weeks, maybe since Emery came in. 

• Like 2

The short-termers are out in force I see, all thanks to a narrow 1-0 win against relegation hopefuls Southampton. 🙄

Ollie Watkins is still registering a 1 in 5 ratio, and we have less than 8 days left to sign a second striker.

Next time we lose without scoring and Ings fires one home for West Ham, you'll all be singing a different song.

Edited by est1874
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

The short-termers are out in force I see.

Next time we lose without scoring and Ings fires one home for West Ham, you'll all be singing a different song.

Try not to hope too much that things go badly for us just so you can be right. It's not a good luck there, sport. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Try not to hope too much that things go badly for us just so you can be right. It's not a good luck there, sport. 

I'm not hoping things go badly. I just can't for the life of me understand the short term mentality on here, it's every **** week.

If we lose, people are crying, screaming, kicking toys out of the pram, nothing's changed since Gerrard blah blah blah. If we win, Unai is a genius, everything is rosy and it doesn't matter what moves we make in the window, nothing could possibly go wrong and club decisions cannot and should not be questioned.

It's absurd how little perspective or balance there is, and tbh as much as I love the club, I can't stand half of our supporters. Change like the **** weather.

• Haha 1

I like Ings. 

But £120k a week for an occasional starter and an option from the bench is hard to justify as a reasonable use of resources for us. At Yanited or whoever it might be different. 

Your top wages should go to your best players and Ings was never really that for us. 

Wish him well and move on. 

Edited by HolteExile
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I'm not hoping things go badly. I just can't for the life of me understand the short term mentality on here, it's every **** week.

If we lose, people are crying, screaming, kicking toys out of the pram, nothing's changed since Gerrard blah blah blah. If we win, Unai is a genius, everything is rosy and it doesn't matter what moves we make in the window, nothing could possibly go wrong and club decisions cannot and should not be questioned.

It's absurd how little perspective or balance there is, and tbh as much as I love the club, I can't stand half of our supporters. Change like the **** weather.

You sound really silly.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Agreed with this. 

10 minutes ago, est1874 said:

The short-termers are out in force I see, all thanks to a narrow 1-0 win against relegation hopefuls Southampton. 🙄

Ollie Watkins is still registering a 1 in 5 ratio, and we have less than 8 days left to sign a second striker.

Not sure if this is serious or a joke. 

On the face of it, selling our top scorer, and not having already bought a replacement does raise some concerns.

But when you scratch below the surface, you realise he wasn't first choice anyway, and we'd been operating quite well with him only being a bit part player under Emery already. Yes, he was great against Brighton, but it's only really the wolves game where we needed him to turn a game around.

2/7 games he's been a deciding factor. And we scored 8 goals in the other 5 games anyway, largely without him. 

We needed him during Gerrards moments of magic football. But he doesn't suit the way we play now, and his appearances would be getting fewer and fewer between now and the end of the season. He was on a huge salary, and by selling him in January we get a bonus over what we'd receive for him in the summer. Arguably, a significant boost given his remaining length of contract and the fact he wouldn't be playing much for us between now and then. It was a no brainer to sell when we did for what we did.

The replacement when they land will be well planned and a better fit. Yes, if that doesn't happen before the end of January it will be a concern, but we don't have a game before then and won the only game we had without him anyway, without needing him.

Just now, est1874 said:

Go on, invalidate what I'm saying without engaging with it at all, standard on here. I don't care how you think I sound tbh, I've shared my honest thoughts.

I don't care that you don't care, don't care.

To confirm--it's you that thinks people are "crying, screaming, kicking toys out of the pram"?

11 minutes ago, est1874 said:

If we lose, people are crying, screaming, kicking toys out of the pram, nothing's changed since Gerrard blah blah blah. If we win, Unai is a genius.

This means VT think Emery is a genius 71% of the time, and for only 14% of the time do the toys get thrown out of the pram. That's not so bad really. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I don't care that you don't care, don't care.

To confirm--it's you that thinks people are "crying, screaming, kicking toys out of the pram"?

Am frustrated with the general oscillation of opinion that happens on here, spinning like a weather vane depending on whatever way the wind is blowing, people defending the Ings transfer out of a love for Unai and happiness over our current run of form as if those things are all related/inextricably bound. 

As for Ings, I've never said we should hold on to him or that it wasn't right to sell him, it's the business logic of doing it in a hurry without appropriate mitigation that represents a complete fail IMO. I don't buy that West Ham pushed for it ASAP, they ended up giving him 18 mins of football at the weekend and have 3 other strikers who can play first team - we have 1.

I've said my piece, we'll see how it all plays out.

Â