Moussa Dembélé

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

How on earth is this guy only 26? He seems to have been around for decades.

There was that Belgian fella with the same name at Fulham and Spurs so maybe that's part of it :D 

30 minutes ago, sne said:

Loan to the end of the season if we can't get our main targets would be fine but seem unlikely since his contract is up in the summer. Don't really rate him as someone I'd like on a permanent deal, even for little money. 

Would be underwhelming and we'd still need a proper first choice goal scorer since neither Watkins nor Dembele are it.

A loan is possible.  We could agree a small loan fee, and pay his wages.  Lyon don't need or use him so they'd be happy to see that over nothing. 

I suspect Everton might offer something similar if we went down the route, and then it would be up to the player. 

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

A loan is possible.  We could agree a small loan fee, and pay his wages.  Lyon don't need or use him so they'd be happy to see that over nothing. 

I suspect Everton might offer something similar if we went down the route, and then it would be up to the player. 

We already have two loan players registered which is the maximum permissible under PL rules. Unless we are able to cancel an existing loan we cannot bring any more in this season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

We already have two loan players registered which is the maximum permissible under PL rules. Unless we are able to cancel an existing loan we cannot bring any more in this season.

I think there was talk of Bednarek and Augstinsson loans being terminated.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

If we have a scouting department that is stats and analysis based, what possible figures could lead them to recommend Moussa Dembele to Unai Emery?

He's only played two full games this season, he's started just six games and the rest have been bit parts as a sub. He's scored 2 goals (both in different games when he was subbed on for 25 minutes each time) hasn't scored since the beginning of September, and has no recorded assists, and this is in an inferior league.

AshVilla said just now that it would be a "waste of wages" .... Im hoping that this thread is a 'waste of pages'.

Perhaps they filter out all the bad stats and whoever's left is good or hasn't played

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think there was talk of Bednarek and Augstinsson loans being terminated.

Don't really want to get into this here as wrong thread but Bednarek could be our most pointless signing of all time, was just Gerrards complete disrespect of Mings that made this happen at all.

No nothing of dembele since he left Celtic, he was brilliant there but so was edoaurd who has really struggled at palace

44 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

If we have a scouting department that is stats and analysis based, what possible figures could lead them to recommend Moussa Dembele to Unai Emery?

He's only played two full games this season, he's started just six games and the rest have been bit parts as a sub. He's scored 2 goals (both in different games when he was subbed on for 25 minutes each time) hasn't scored since the beginning of September, and has no recorded assists, and this is in an inferior league.

AshVilla said just now that it would be a "waste of wages" .... Im hoping that this thread is a 'waste of pages'.

I mean, its not advanced analytics here. The guy scored 21 goals in ligue 1 last season, the joint third highest in the league and is now 6 months off his contract expiring. Yeah he has been far from the best this season but its clear why clubs would be interested in him.

Would be disappointed with this.  Cant get a game at struggling Lyon and flopped on loan at Atletico Madrid.  Why would he be successful here? If we pay any fee for a player that is out of contract this summer and hardly plays, I’ll seriously question our financial dealings.  

5 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I mean, its not advanced analytics here. The guy scored 21 goals in ligue 1 last season, the joint third highest in the league and is now 6 months off his contract expiring. Yeah he has been far from the best this season but its clear why clubs would be interested in him.

Similar arguments were made for Traore - that he was good in previous seasons.  Current form is really important - especially for attackers.  

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Basically he has been alive for 365 days, 26 times. 

What if he time traveled for a couple of years and then came back to the time he left, would he then been alive for 365 days, 28 times while still being 26?

Â