Moussa Dembélé

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Well I doubt he’ll even entertain 4m a year given he’s close to being on a free contract.  If he’s earning just shy of that now, when he’s on a free it’ll be a huge increase on that.  I haven’t watched him in a long while so no idea what he’s worth but he’ll be expensive salary wise and 4m isn’t going to be close I would assume

That's fine, I don't care what he wants. We should only make deals that benefit us and I am very against giving 100k plus to players unless exceptional.

Just now, paul514 said:

That's fine, I don't care what he wants. We should only make deals that benefit us and I am very against giving 100k plus to players unless exceptional.

I’m not disagreeing with you, I’m just saying the numbers. If he does sign for us it’s going to be a big salary.

• Like 2

We have a very strong recent history of turning very good or promising strikers in to absolute dross. So maybe this potential plan of buying average or underwhelming strikers is the way to go!!

If this is true, we've probably made some money (Ings), saved some wages and it won't greatly impact on our league position this year or our transfer plans for the summer. Therefore, probably a clever signing, but doubt it's one to move us forward either.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

The same as with Traore. They want him out. Hey, but they were wrong about Carew 15 years ago! 😝

Traore did largely fine in 20/21. 6-7 goals and similar number of assists. If we get that from Dembele for next four months it will be one of the signings of this window.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Traore did largely fine in 20/21. 6-7 goals and similar number of assists. If we get that from Dembele for next four months it will be one of the signings of this window.

Ultimately you want to bring in players that are consistent and dependable. Traore did not make the grade. For all his moments of magic, there were lots of liabilities with his play. 

Villa Paddy on the love of Paul McGrath podcast says likely that Dembele signs this window on a free as Lyon want to sign a couple of players and need his salary off the books so willing to agree to terminate his contract early.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 3

Just now, stewiek2 said:

Villa Paddy on the love of Paul McGrath podcast says likely that Dembele signs this window on a free as Lyon want to sign a couple of players and need his salary off the books so willing to agree to terminate his contract early.

Would take that. Dembele, Watkins and Duran feels like more what we want the profile of strikeforce to be in terms of pressing and energy at least.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Would take that. Dembele, Watkins and Duran feels like more what we want the profile of strikeforce to be in terms of pressing and energy at least.

And height as well with mor threat from crosses ala headed goals.

• Like 1

Â