Moussa Dembélé

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Interesting...

I'm sure we were linked with him a couple of seasons ago?

Well, I’m sure somebody said on this forum last week I think, that another club were asked about him and they said they weren’t bothering because he was coming to us.  Maybe some truth in that after all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

If we can get him for 10 million that would be excellent business. 

Will depend on the salary he wants given he can get big bucks in the summer being a free transfer

Just now, nick76 said:

Will depend on the salary he wants given he can get big bucks in the summer being a free transfer

It’ll take big bucks to sign him now. Both sides are aware of his contract situation. If Unai wants him now, then I think the club will do what they can to get that done. 

His stats are good, if you exclude this half season where injury/other players have reduced his game time. A year ago and he would have been a dream signing for us. I seem to remember a lot of people on here wetting themselves at the prospect of signing him a couple of years ago.

If Emery wants him, just go with it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

It’ll take big bucks to sign him now. Both sides are aware of his contract situation. If Unai wants him now, then I think the club will do what they can to get that done. 

Yeah and Celtic have a 10-15% sell on fee so Lyon may to rinse more out of the buying club.  Given Dembele is on over 70k per week, I’m assuming our offer will have to make him our new highest salaried player to get over that free transfer/six month contract situation.  Big money!

27 minutes ago, messi11 said:

21 goals in 30 Ligue 1 games last season
But why's he fell off a cliff this season? 

COVID did a number on him. I think he was feinting in training and what not.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

COVID did a number on him. I think he was feinting in training and what not.

Though this year - it looks like just not being played a lot? Fallen out of favor with Lacazette and Toko-Ekambi there.

Â