Moussa Dembélé

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

I think it was @Vive_La_Villathat mentioned the last striker we got from Lyon that seemingly had a poor scoring record for the season, did pretty well for us and became a bit of a cult hero for us

Yep, I find it mad how a player can be wrote off for having a bad season when had so many good ones before that. Surely it means there’s a player in there somewhere. 

If anything we’ve suffered from signing players off the back of one good season and they turn back to the shit they’ve always been. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah and Celtic have a 10-15% sell on fee so Lyon may to rinse more out of the buying club.  Given Dembele is on over 70k per week, I’m assuming our offer will have to make him our new highest salaried player to get over that free transfer/six month contract situation.  Big money!

He is an upgrade on Ings but I wouldn't be going over 4m a year for him, I doubt he will be the automatic first choice here.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yep, I find it mad how a player can be wrote off for having a bad season when had so many good ones before that. Surely it means there’s a player in there somewhere. 

If anything we’ve suffered from signing players off the back of one good season and they turn back to the shit they’ve always been. 

Same and with the striker market right now being so sketchy, if he was banging goals in this season we may not have had an opportunity to go in for him. Especially as he’s 26 years old and should be coming into his prime. I think he’ll be good for us even if he becomes a rotation option in the future, when we sign someone better if we get into Europe.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Like Kamara if he's on a free or nominal wages are largely irrelevant for a player of his quality

Scores goals. Good age.

96 career league goals and has played a few seasons at Celtic

Ollie Watkins 104 career league goals

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ollie played at the best club in the world outside the premier league, and Brentford and Weston Super Mare. 

Hardly Lyon and Fulham is it. 

• Like 1

A goal every 105 minutes in a league where Mbappe needs 108 minutes last season.

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Come on mate. I get you don’t rate the guy but you can do much better than this. He scored 26 goals at Celtic. The rest have come at the highest level. Watkins scored 28 goals for us. The rest is championship or below.

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Ollie played at the best club in the world outside the premier league, and Brentford and Weston Super Mare. 

Hardly Lyon and Fulham is it. 

The Weston Super Mare goals werent included but they are still a level above Celtics level 😛 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Come on mate. I get you don’t rate the guy but you can do much better than this. He scored 26 goals at Celtic. The rest have come at the highest level. Watkins scored 28 goals for us. The rest is championship or below.

40 of his career goals came in the Championship and SPL

Even if count his current form he has 2 this season and in 2020/21 he scored a single goal so last season looks out of place in recent form

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

40 of his career goals came in the Championship and SPL

Even if count his current form he has 2 this season and in 2020/21 he scored a single goal so last season looks out of place in recent form

Ah didn’t realise Fulham were in the championship then. My bad.

So 3 good seasons and 1 and a half bad?

Â