Jhon Durán

PieFacE

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

he isn't ready and seems to suffer from delusions of Chukwuemeka that he is 

if he wants to develop as a player here then fine , if he doesn't we can take £30m and he can go warm Chelsea's bench 

Seriously he'd probably play more at Chelsea.

I'd not sell him. There's a 60m player I  there. If we could get a stop gap striker and loan him perfect. A Timo Werner type.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I'd not sell him. There's a 60m player I  there. If we could get a stop gap striker and loan him perfect. A Timo Werner type.

<Insert popcorn GIF>

18 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

he isn't ready and seems to suffer from delusions of Chukwuemeka that he is 

if he wants to develop as a player here then fine , if he doesn't we can take £30m and he can go warm Chelsea's bench 

You what? 😂 He's just passionate, believes in himself and wants to prove how good he is.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Timo Werner ???  Better off getting Ings back 🤣

*Actually Borja Baston is out of contract this summer lets get him 👍

Edited by _AA_786

12 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Timo Werner ???  Better off getting Ings back 🤣

*Actually Borja Baston is out of contract this summer lets get him 👍

He's an international striker who Spurs got for relative peanuts to "do a job" that's what we should be looking at. We're not going to spend 60m on a striker.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's an international striker who Spurs got for relative peanuts to "do a job" that's what we should be looking at. We're not going to spend 60m on a striker.

Fair enough but whilst signing someone widely lambasted as not being able to hit a barn door is achievable, it doesn't make it make sense either. We're looking for a player to do more than replace Ollie's shadow.

Realistically I think we'll send Duran on loan, keep Archer around maybe if we can't get a decent fee (if not will sell) and then get someone like Iheanacho on a free

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

possibly but by all accounts he isn't happy to learn and become that £60m player .. he believes he is there now , nothing wrong with having belief , but he wouldn't start for any Prem club regularly as things stand 

if we are offered a reasonable profit I think we'd take it .. we can always put a relegation buy back clause similar to the Archer one , then we sell him to Chelsea and get him back the following season with more experience  :D 

Edited by tonyh29

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

and he didn’t do that job very well

• Like 2

5 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

Realistically I think we'll send Duran on loan, keep Archer around maybe if we can't get a decent fee (if not will sell)

Wouldn't that be an admittance of backing the wrong horse? Which is no bad thing, incidentally.

5 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

Realistically I think we'll send Duran on loan, keep Archer around maybe if we can't get a decent fee (if not will sell) and then get someone like Iheanacho on a free

I can't see that happening - realistically Archer isn't going to be an option for us, we'll look to sell him to the Championship - I guess we could send Duran on loan, but to do that we'll have had to have spent a fair chunk of money on a viable back up to Ollie and I just can't see that happening - I think Duran is good value for money on that and we'll need the cash to spend elsewhere.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I can't see that happening - realistically Archer isn't going to be an option for us, we'll look to sell him to the Championship - I guess we could send Duran on loan, but to do that we'll have had to have spent a fair chunk of money on a viable back up to Ollie and I just can't see that happening - I think Duran is good value for money on that and we'll need the cash to spend elsewhere.

This might be insane but I wouldn't be adverse to signing Che Adams on a free as back up to Watkins assuming Southampton don't get promoted.

Well he has been entertaining when he does play, I give him that. I am not really sure if Emery rates him and I wouldn't be surprised if he left in the summer. But then again he could settle down and become a real player for us, a bit like Yorkie. Apart from the badge kissing bit.

19 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

This might be insane but I wouldn't be adverse to signing Che Adams on a free as back up to Watkins assuming Southampton don't get promoted.

Che Adams? 

I’d rather shit in my hands and clap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ché Adams is likely going to Wolves

If Duran was to leave I think he would be replaced by someone of a similar profile rather the likes of Adams, Iheanacho and so on

Duran has done brilliantly for us and has such huge potential, would take a lot of money to buy him

Would it make more sense to sell Duran for FFP purposes and keep Archer for the home-grown quota?  Assuming someone like Chelsea might stump up £30m for Duran.  Anyway I trust Unai and Monchi to make the right judgment.

23 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Would it make more sense to sell Duran for FFP purposes and keep Archer for the home-grown quota?  Assuming someone like Chelsea might stump up £30m for Duran.  Anyway I trust Unai and Monchi to make the right judgment.

We paid quite a lot for Duran, it would have to be a big fee to sell him for 

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

We paid quite a lot for Duran, it would have to be a big fee to sell him for 

He is not worth £30mil.

I still have no idea what people see.in him. I'd accept £20mil with add ons if any club was willing to pay it. 

He won't be here next season in any case.  

Â