Jhon Durán

PieFacE

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Apologies for the daft question but would he speak Spanish?  I always assume most South American people can?  

Spanish is the most common language in South America. But there are country like Brazil who speak Portugese or French Guiana who speak French, Suriname speak Dutch etc.. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, WHY said:

Fans assume because it’s the MLS they should score loads of goals. You have to remember most of the other players they play with will be league one/bottom half of the Championship players at best. Almiron’s best season in the MLS was 12 goals in 32 games and had far more experience than this kid. 

But you have to also remember the defenders and goalkeeper he’s playing against are also lower Championship/L1 level so coming to us is a massive step up but he’s young and sounds like a good loan for him out for second half of the season and see what the kid has over the next 18 months.

I can’t lie to you guys, I really don't know very much about this Jhon Durán, having watched very little of him play.

However what i do know is that he is the greatest footballer in Colombian history, he's scoring 30 goals next season, winning player of the year and he's taking us to the Champions League!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Well my attempt to do a bit of digging in how supporters see him took me straight to a forum dedicated to the trials and tribulations of NBC’s hit long running show “Chicago Fire”.

Can’t tell you much about Durán but I can tell you that the firefighters are preparing for their semi annual firehouse inspection, someone called Brett will fight to save her paramedicine program. Commander Martin Pearce is also going to ask Severide for a favour.

Brett was hot! I remember watching that and she was good looking!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Do we have any idea how much this cost?

14 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

£15m rising to £23m are the numbers being mentioned.

Also reading a lot of $18m rising to $22m, which would be about £18m in total.

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Well it’ll be interesting to see what we do with him, the guy on sky thinks we’ll send him out on loan straight away and he’s watched him a lot.  If that’s the case then he’s not ready for our first team squad.  Can’t argue that some of his video clips he looked poor and some he looked great but at 19 you expect that.  Seems he’s one for the future and not now.  Now he’s with us, I hope he’s the new Benteke in a few years time.  Just interested now if we keep him around or send him out on loan.

Depends on Ollie’s injury I suppose?

• Like 1

Â