• Bailey
    • Moreno (Digne 10)
    • Ings (Watkins 32)
    • Sanson (Ramsey 81)
    • Coutinho (Buendía 81)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/01/23 at 23:59

Good to watch? Absolutely not but like I've said, it was just pure shithousery and when it pays off it genuinely feels great coming away with the 3 points like that. I'm not sure how long we'll be able to sustain this but I guess that's a subject for a different time.

4 wins from 6 in the league is a very good start and now level on points with that elusive top half.

5 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Thought we were really poor. Lucky to get all three points.  Not sure how people are giving the manager performance as "very good" 

Because even when we are poor, Emery makes us hard to beat.  That would’ve been a hammering under Gerrard.  Little difference make overall a large difference, from coaching, tactics to personnel choices…so even when you underperform there is some security.  

Leeds for all their domination had very few clear cut chances and I’m guessing we had more.  The 1% differences add up and that’s where Emery makes the difference.  Not when you are flying but when backs are to the wall.

• Like 1

Well that was a steal but under the circumstances a great win.

Thought Kamara was a class above anything else on the pitch and he’ll get better under Emery. 

Young was also excellent while Moreno showed enough to become an astute signing by Emery. Bailey much improved as well. 

Two new midfielders and a better forward then Villa will definitely finish top 9-10. 

• Thanks 1

Martinez my MOTM but Kamara was close. Bailey , took advantage of Leeds at the back who looked very poor at times. Bailey lost the ball countless times trying to do much. Doug looks lost at times , especially when we haven't got the ball, we need another Kamara type player in there. Moreno started a bit shaky but improved as the game went on and in the end he looked very clever and quick, some of the one twos he was involved in caused Leeds some real problems.

Great result but we didn't play well, just got better players than Leeds.

The ref was shite, falling for Leeds antics all the way through, they never retreated from any free kicks at all, then wanted out players booked when we did it once............ Ayling is one of them players , hate him playing against you but his attitude is what we need in a few of our players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

This is a red card.

i thought that, when it happened i couldnt believe it wasnt a red card, if Couts turns him there its basically an open goal, so by default denial of a clear goalscoring chance!?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Considering we got him for free? I think he is nailed on for signing of this season… and next season 😂

He wasn't exactly free...he has the second biggest salary on the team. (Behind Digne, of all people.)

i think Emery is doing a brilliant job, some of our players are also, but we are over performing under Emery for sure, we need 4-5 new first team players over the next 2 windows for sure.

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

We did win didn't we, cos some of the posts here are suggesting otherwise 

And it doesn't matter how many touches you get in the box, it's where the touches are

Dion, Buendia was shite not brilliant 

Better tell whoscored.com to change Buendia highest score in the match

• Like 2

Â