• Bailey
    • Moreno (Digne 10)
    • Ings (Watkins 32)
    • Sanson (Ramsey 81)
    • Coutinho (Buendía 81)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/01/23 at 23:59

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

Not for me, Clive. I thought, apart from that obvious slip on halfway, he was exceptional tonight. So often in the right place at the right time.

Also Carlos will become the defensive leader and won't let Mings **** about.  Mings will become a much better player when Carlos is alongside him ordering him about.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

The win can dilute how you feel about the performance. We won, on the whole we were nervy and edgy. 

Everyone looks nervy and edgy playing Leeds. Add in losing to Stevenage this week and I am even less surprised. But we have 13 points from 6 games so I am not at all worried.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

They are really starting to become that fat lad who pulled a very inebriated fit bird on a Saturday night and is bragging about it non stop to his mates. 

Until a week ago nobody knew that inconsequential shithole even had a football team, let them have their moment

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, robby b said:

Thanks, Kamara certainly is good but it sounds to me like your Gnonto was the best player on the pitch today and I hadn't even heard of him. (Where did he suddenly appear from the sly dog?!)

I watched Gnonto against Cardiff and he was average, reminds me of Traore, all show and no end product. When he went off they scored..

Neville was up his arse in the commentary, he got the better of Young once and that was lucky, if it was a Leeds player that went down under his challenge the ref would have blew for a foul. 

For our first goal the commentators concentrated on Leeds missing a difficult chance and completely ignored Kamaras 50 yard run followed by a faint to fool the Leeds defender and a through ball that took 2 players out of the game. Neville should not be allowed at villa park, hes a blues fan. 😗

• Like 1

Just back. Kamara, Young and Martinez were the bollox. 

That WC winners medal has taken Martinez to another level. His confidence is through the roof.

Other than that we didn't retain or win the ball as much as we should of. Very bitty performance with moments of class and moments of shite. 

3 welcome points though and we move onwards.

• Like 2

• 3 pints at the Bartons
  • 3 points
  • VAR decisions in our favour 
  • Saw the end of the game then the Dad walked/run to Aston station, collapsed into a waiting train
  • All in all a good day out.

We do make hard work of it sometimes.

You can start to see what Unai wants and Morena is a perfect example of a square peg in a square hole. Well and truly dropped in the deep end much earlier than must have been planned but settled very well. Was much futrher up the pitch and more involved than Digne has been all season

What a player Kamara is (my man of the match). As we add better players around him he will be a star for years to come.

Special mentions for Emi with some big saves at important times and Tyrone for being rock solid. Despite scoring both Buendia and Bailey had iffy games, Hopefully the goals will build confidence.Injuries starting to pile but we have 8 days to sort a few out and get some like Ramsey a bit more match ready.

An important win and sets us up nicely for a day out at Southampton.

UTV

• Like 2

For me the game really turned when Watkins came off but we seemed to keep the same shape with Ings as a direct replacement. I thought the defence started to look more indecisive with the ball and didn’t want to knock it forward early as they had been doing when Watkins was there to chase. I think we may have been better off bringing Sanson on and pushing Ramsey a bit further forward with Bailey up top to keep some pace there or alternatively changing the formation.

Still, a win’s a win and it’s very difficult to argue with Emery at the moment.

Kamara superb tonight as well.

40 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I understand we wanted to sit back and play on the counter after going ahead, but Leeds were extremely unlucky not to win that. We won’t get many points in coming games with performances like that.

I agree. I was utterly dismayed to see our attempts count not going up from 1 from the 3rd minute to the 45+7th. Ffs!!! What is that?! Rubbish, that's what that was.

Totally dominated by Leeds in that very long time. It's all very well sitting back to counter as long as you do actually counter! (I mean actual, effective countering with some goal attempts from it). Otherwise it's just the sitting back part without the counter attacking part. 😑🤪

So we were overall very lucky to win despite that first half so under the cosh. Still, relief and great to still take three points by the end, phew.

• Haha 1

I actually think that Leeds are a really good team. They are also the sort of team that causes us problems because they have so many strong, fast and althletic players. They will climb the table in the second half of the season.

As for us, we need more physical and pacey players. Matteo would be a good acquisition but we really need a physical and pacey forward too. 

The new lad did well. Good to see his wheels on show. More of that required.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Good to watch? Absolutely not but like I've said, it was just pure shithousery and when it pays off it genuinely feels great coming away with the 3 points like that. I'm not sure how long we'll be able to sustain this but I guess that's a subject for a different time.

4 wins from 6 in the league is a very good start and now level on points with that elusive top half.

This is why I am happy with the performances we've seen so far. I think we can see it as sustainable.

This isn't just a run of games where we always sit back and we've nicked things 1-0.

We've been dogged, structured, brave...but also had multiple moments of real quality throughout every single game.

Our defending is better, and our scoring has rocketed. 

Tonight wasn't pretty...and Leeds felt on top...but we scored two, looked as if we could've had a couple more, and kept Leeds' best efforts out. 

This could be a pattern for a long run of games and not really be threatened imo.

Can someone who understands the stats explain something to me.

According to whoscored pretty much the entire team had a great game 7-8 rating.

My eyes say we just got away with a robbery, surely both of those things can't be correct.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I mean it was absolutely awful for the eyeballs but that was pure shithousery at its absolute finest. 

Quite lucky but you take it. 

It’s probably an age thing but I can’t get on board with ‘shithousery’ it’s f*****g cheating. If we need to run the clock down keep possession in safe areas use your skills/ brains but we as a team are becoming an embarrassment at the moment by adopting these tactics.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mrhaneen said:

For me the game really turned when Watkins came off but we seemed to keep the same shape with Ings as a direct replacement. I thought the defence started to look more indecisive with the ball and didn’t want to knock it forward early as they had been doing when Watkins was there to chase. I think we may have been better off bringing Sanson on and pushing Ramsey a bit further forward with Bailey up top to keep some pace there or alternatively changing the formation.

Still, a win’s a win and it’s very difficult to argue with Emery at the moment.

Kamara superb tonight as well.

I agree about Watkins. He is crucial to us despite the abuse he gets. We really miss his physicality and pace when he doesn’t play.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Villaphil said:

Thought Leeds had a clear tactic to force the ball into Konsa whose distribution doesn’t quite match that of Mings.

Mings is also one who goes long more often...so they could direct attention towards Konsa. 

It worked for them for the majority....shame they're shit at defending when it comes to other parts of the game. 

Â