• Bailey
    • Moreno (Digne 10)
    • Ings (Watkins 32)
    • Sanson (Ramsey 81)
    • Coutinho (Buendía 81)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/01/23 at 23:59

8 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Buendia wasn't dreadful at all. You've just always hated him. Your agenda's showing mate.

Mate he was pretty much non existent for most the game, i’m not bias to any player so ill assess it neutrally, reacted well to get the goal 

@Delphinho123

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

That’s fine. The manager will. Doubt he’ll be in our starting XI in Feb. 

Maybe, we'll see. He's been in every starting XI so far bar Stevenage, so if Emery really thinks he's shit he's got a funny way of showing it. 

Anyway, time will tell no doubt. 

• Like 1

Very lucky win that. Still, grinding out the wins. Emery a proper class act and we will only get better. Kamara just sublime. Would start for any team in the league. Emi a phenomenon and Young absolutely bossed it tonight. 

My thoughts

The win can dilute how you feel about the performance. We won, on the whole we were nervy and edgy. 

Mings drops out when Carlos is fully fit i think. He has a great attitude but too error prone and his ball delivery to his LB and midfielders is simply too slow and laboured. I don’t think he makes the pass early because he simply can’t see it. 

Kamara is class. Jury still out on JJ. Might he have been given too much before he actually earned it ? He’s at an age where he can learn if he wants to. He could drive on or it could completely go the other way and he could be playing championship in 12 months. Really. 

We need Guendouzi. He’ll improve is. Dougie is too flighty. He’s a good player but has he honestly put 3-4 7/8 performances together consistently since he came here. 

Edited by Johnnyp

5 minutes ago, Villaphil said:

Thought Leeds had a clear tactic to force the ball into Konsa whose distribution doesn’t quite match that of Mings.

That's very debatable. Far too many long balls from Mings. Konsa usually will go down the wing on the floor. Mings could have cost us a penalty in the first - half for a silly shove in the box and also when trying to do the difficult instead of the easy in the second half also nearly cost us a goal. We are in desperate need of an upgrade at centre- half to complement Carlos.

26 minutes ago, striker said:

Well that was a steal but under the circumstances a great win.

Thought Kamara was a class above anything else on the pitch and he’ll get better under Emery. 

Young was also excellent while Moreno showed enough to become an astute signing by Emery. Bailey much improved as well. 

Two new midfielders and a better forward then Villa will definitely finish top 9-10. 

Thanks, Kamara certainly is good but it sounds to me like your Gnonto was the best player on the pitch today and I hadn't even heard of him. (Where did he suddenly appear from the sly dog?!)

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

BBC match thread? Wasn't he also a sky pundit tonight? Mad if he's doing both

From BBC match thread I posted earlier. I didn't think about it but it is odd

Posted at 10:2910:29

'Villa out of ideas'

Aston Villa 1-0 Leeds

d68ab399-3707-4196-9c34-f6911b70ad60.jpg

Sky Sports

Former Manchester United defender Gary Neville on Sky Sports: "Villa are out of ideas at the moment."

18 minutes ago, burchy said:

I see what you did there 

Never in a million years would I ever say I liked Leeds United. In fact I quite often just think ‘I ****ing hate Leeds’ randomly about 4 or 5 times a day. 

Me too mate, me too. Some would describe it as mental illness but I say we're just consistent. 

Good result. Not a great performance. Bailey stepped up today In my opinion. The new lad got better as the game went on. Baptism of fire for him. Looks like he could be a player for us. 

Great result. Patchy team performance, however. Leeds unlucky losers. 

Moreno looks the part. Some slick, assured passing and movement. Maybe should have scored. Brilliant clearance. Can't see a way back in the starting XI for Digne. Hope he recovers quickly cuz we'll still need him. 

Martinez world class. Kamara a cut above yet again.

Good bounce back for Bailey. Good second half from Buendia. Luiz and Ramsey off the pace. Young is a warrior. The CBs need to.release the ball quicker. We struggled with their press. Not sure we really did much other than try to hit them on the counter. Sort of a brutal game. Love the passion from Emery.

Onward. 

UTV

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

Â