• Bailey
    • Moreno (Digne 10)
    • Ings (Watkins 32)
    • Sanson (Ramsey 81)
    • Coutinho (Buendía 81)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/01/23 at 23:59

Leon Bailey, Leon Bailey, Leon Bailey MOM. After all the ne sayers on here knocking him he tried his hardest in all those games. Tonight match winner 1 goal and 1 assist. Don’t slag players off when they lose a bit of form. Back them and they’ll come through for you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Superb three points tonight, I thought Young Kamara and Emi M were our stand out performers.

After a difficult first half I thought as the game went on we controlled the match as Leeds ran out of steam. 

Edited by Eligius

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Probably from all the time wasting we were doing. Martinez alone is worth five minutes. 

I thought it was only the inevitable Martinez yellow where we time wasted really.  I think it's our previous games that have created a reputation for it so it's at risk of being counterproductive if you ask me.  I'd rather we corner flagged it, we kept on attacking normally and giving the ball back to them.  I really missed McGinn's arse at the end.

I thought we were **** dreadful. Young and Kamara were very good and Bailey was decent for both goals, but apart from that….woeful. 

Konsa, Luiz, Buendia and Ramsey were very poor.

The only positive is..we won! But we’ve been outplayed now by Stevenage, Wolves and Leeds for large parts of games and that will concern Emery. 

We desperately need one or two more players the same quality as Kamara. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Gary Neville in tears: Man Utd hero celebrates Salford penalty triumph in  emotional scenes | Football | Sport | Express.co.uk

"Unai Emery's side have just done enough, just is the key word there because they haven't been great tonight. They've just had moments."

Up yours, Gary.

Why does a Manure leg end from Bury like Leeds?

Proper spicy Villa Leeds match that. I thought we we all right, and pretty good in the second half. Never really felt we were going to lose that. 

Bailey - great comeback after the last couple of weeks. 

Kamara - so composed. Just superb. 

Buendia - grew into the game and worked really hard. 

Moreno - incredibly impressive for someone coming in a couple of days ago.

And Young - I'll have what he's having please. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We are playing much better as a team but still have a long way to go, but we are winning. Not many outstanding individual displays in any of these games but we have a new winning mentality and togetherness, you just can’t knock Emery’s results. Perversely Liverpool was one of our best performances and we lost! 

Great tenacity tonight, Young immense, Kamara a class above, even Coutinho looked half decent. Special mention for Bailey who buried his poor form with a meaningful recovery performance.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

Â