Match Thread: Villa v Leeds

limpid

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Buendia is just being bullied. Ramsey has been very quiet and Luiz hasn’t played well since the Spurs game. They’re unlucky not be winning, let alone drawing. 

Going to be a tough watch this second half unless something changes.

That's the whole midfield except Kamara. Explains things, doesn't it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Eligius said:

I wouldn't mind if Buendia was subbed at half time because we need a more physical presence in the middle, this is going to be another tough battle second half.

As per other comment, no way do we make a ht sub having already made 2, would be crazy

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Absolute world class sage by Emi. That’s not getting talked about enough. Practically any other goalkeeper other than about 3 in the world and that’s a goal. 

We are so so lucky to be ahead. 

Without it we could get a stuffing...

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

I have seen lots of Moreno worry, but I was impressed even before that saving block.  Nice control, good passes.  Marsh (smartly) had them overloading him in the attack and gotten very little joy out of him.  I’m impressed.  

Vs Leeds is a baptism of fire - new ground, home crowd expectation, not knowing your team mates, receiving the ball and having three bodies on you in less than a second. Every time….

Just now, Tayls said:

Just seems that no matter who we have as a manager we just can’t look convincing. Must be a curse. 

An odd statement. Why would it be a curse when you’ve clearly pointed out it’s the players in the previous sentence.