Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

3 minutes ago, burchy said:

Subbed off at halftime again today. I still think he’d do well here though. His form seems to have dropped off a cliff since the rumours of us being interested surfaced. 

It's a good sign as usually the form drops off when they sign for us 😂

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Had our targets didn't get them go again in the summer

What is this sensible shit we are doing?

Should have took that contract offer and gave it Aaron Ramsay Ross Barkley or Harry Winks.

Smh.

Sign someone!!!

We’ve already got Aaron Ramsey tied down 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

According to L'équipe, it would appear Newcastle have started sniffing around Guendouzi.

If he comes to the Premier League, I can't see it being anything other than an reunion with Emery, imo.

His going off the boil aligns directly with the time around which the supposed deal seemed to fall through in January. Quite probable that a deal was never in place, and maybe it was a pre agreement we had to sign him in the summer.

Does anyone that follows French Football know what the deal is with his form since Jan? Has he played and been rubbish, or just not been given many minutes?

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

His going off the boil aligns directly with the time around which the supposed deal seemed to fall through in January. Quite probable that a deal was never in place, and maybe it was a pre agreement we had to sign him in the summer.

Does anyone that follows French Football know what the deal is with his form since Jan? Has he played and been rubbish, or just not been given many minutes?

I don't follow French football much, but I believe it's not uncommon for him to not play a full 90. If you look at his stats he gets subbed a lot, the reason for which is mostly tactical. As for recent form, you could argue his head has turned since Emery expressed interest in working with him again.

Would do good i think a upgrade on dendonker.

But is he a upgrade to luiz mcginn JJ on current form? Im not sure

But he does have a very good engine on him.  If emery likes him thats good enough for that

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But he does have a very good engine on him.  If emery likes him thats good enough for that

He’d be an extra option can play central or further forward he and Mikel Merino have gone off the boil slightly since being linked to us I know Dani Ceballos is a controversial figure off the pitch but he’s having and excellent season off the field issues aside on a free transfers he’d be the best option of the three .

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I could see a midfled 2 of Kamara/Guendouzi, with Luiz on the left and cutting in to the more forward central midfield position (or Guendouzi in that and Luiz in the midfield 2), then McGinn, Ramsey, Buendia, and whoever else we sign competing for the RM and SS roles.

ie, when attacking, like this:

image.png.7728b65310726c0cda4f8171110466ec.png

then defensively:

image.png.ed3462dc82219a13d470df303ccf34f0.png

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I could see a midfled 2 of Kamara/Guendouzi, with Luiz on the left and cutting in to the more forward central midfield position (or Guendouzi in that and Luiz in the midfield 2), then McGinn, Ramsey, Buendia, and whoever else we sign competing for the RM and SS roles.

ie, when attacking, like this:

image.png.7728b65310726c0cda4f8171110466ec.png

then defensively:

image.png.ed3462dc82219a13d470df303ccf34f0.png

I think you're right but Luiz and Guendouzi will be the other way round.

I also really want Konsa to stay in the side at RB if Carlos does come in. We'll need him at set pieces.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

I think you're right but Luiz and Guendouzi will be the other way round.

I also really want Konsa to stay in the side at RB if Carlos does come in. We'll need him at set pieces.

Is Guendouzi a better advanced midfielder than Luiz?, Luiz has been exceptional when he's allowed to drift forward recently, a nice issue to have though for sure, they could rotate to cause issues for the opposition, a nice problem to have (if we do sign a Guendouzi type).

ye, with the way Emery works, i could see both Carlos and Konsa playing with Mings, so Mings LCB, Carlos at CB and Konsa at RB, or visa versa.

Who knows tho, maybe we will sign a new RB?, wait and see i guess.

Â