Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

With the way the transfer market has gone over the last few years I don’t really know what represent good value anymore. But a young French international with Champions league and PL experience isn’t going to come cheap. 

Yep. But is it worth the potential €10m+ surplus to get him in now? Would he push us on to Europe now, guarantee us 5 extra places in the league to cover the fee and wages?

If we don't think he would, we're better waiting to get him in the summer. Guess we'll find out what the club thought in 2 days.

It will be tougher to get him in the summer i can see many other clubs being interested.

West Ham said to be interested and if they stay up they will have the landan factor.

Spurs always love a midfielder even though they have a dozen already.

Newcastle might want to upgrade Longstaff or Willock if they finish in the champions league.

Brighton might have the 70 or 80m Caicedo money looking for a mid.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Yep. But is it worth the potential €10m+ surplus to get him in now? Would he push us on to Europe now, guarantee us 5 extra places in the league to cover the fee and wages?

If we don't think he would, we're better waiting to get him in the summer. Guess we'll find out what the club thought in 2 days.

Oh I’m not saying we overpay, just that I don’t know what would be overpaying given how mad the market is. 

This one has been a weird one and if it wasn't for Emery mentioning his name in a press conference I would have put it in the over hyped press talk category and not a lot in it. 

He has and hasn't wanted to join us.

We've both bid and Marseille have received no bids.

Yes you can have talks without actually officially bidding but this has been going on for weeks now. So it could be so many things. I've just listed then deleted the options that I thought could be the case. The one that looks more likely is he doesn't want to come so the interest was there but we haven't bothered bidding, who knows though.

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

This looks like it will be Rashica rumour of this window….loads of fluff but are we/were we actually seriously interested really…

We most likely were told £50m+ and we were prepared to go to £30m or so and moved on. The news being regurgitated is probably old news and we have long since started to look elsewhere. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

We most likely were told £50m+ and we were prepared to go to £30m or so and moved on. The news being regurgitated is probably old news and we have long since started to look elsewhere. 

I don’t think we even did that.

7 hours ago, av1 said:

Oh I’m not saying we overpay, just that I don’t know what would be overpaying given how mad the market is. 

we haven't over paid on anybody.....just some not got good enough for the money.

Its not always the market, its the judgement too.

Â