Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

1 minute ago, TRO said:

It is what it is...

But Momentum has to be capitalised on.

I will be disappointed, if we don't strengthen.....and see it as a missed opportunity, to move forward.

I am not, necessarily sold on the idea of the next window.....its always the next window......manana,manana.

I have no idea, what the procrastination is caused by.....but hopefully by Wednesday, it will all be unfounded.

You always say it better than me and more concise! 👍

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m not sure I agree with all of what you’ve said, but you raise some interesting points for sure. 

I did find that story odd earlier in the window that Emery was looking to work with a new sporting director. That’s like me going into work tomorrow and telling my boss I don’t fancy working with him anymore and I’ll handpick his replacement?!

Ive no issue with not signing anyone in Jan, but Lange and Purslow do make me a little nervous. The whole Gerrard saga probably set us back 2/3 years. 

It’s going to be an interesting Summer for sure. I’m expecting a few outs and at least 4 new first team players if we’ve any real chance of keeping up with the pack. 

me too.

If Nassef did circumnavigate things and signed Unai, that could have unseen overtures......Particularly, if they( Lange &Purslow) remain accountable for the finances, but Unai nominates the players.....That could create a compromised situation.

I have always been sceptical of Dof's.....its like 2 chefs in the kitchen.....I guess there are examples of where it has worked, but I am dubious.

Mon and Richard Fitzgerald ( CEO)had a strained relationship, which ended badly...example of where it didn't work.

Its hard for me to give a firm view, because I know, too little of the fine details, but something, does not sit well with me......Purslow, seems incredibly quiet, since the SG departure.....Lange is like Ernst Blofeld.

This late in the window shennanigans is slowly rearing its ugly head again.

Edited by TRO

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You always say it better than me and more concise! 👍

you are too modest, and wildly generous, but thanks.

Edited by TRO

52 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I did find that story odd earlier in the window that Emery was looking to work with a new sporting director. That’s like me going into work tomorrow and telling my boss I don’t fancy working with him anymore and I’ll handpick his replacement?!

Yeah I’ve been curious about that too. Reports about Emery trying to replace Lange should at least create some tension in the camp.

46 minutes ago, TRO said:

It is what it is...

But Momentum has to be capitalised on.

I will be disappointed, if we don't strengthen.....and see it as a missed opportunity, to move forward.

I am not, necessarily sold on the idea of the next window.....its always the next window......manana,manana.

I have no idea, what the procrastination is caused by.....but hopefully by Wednesday, it will all be unfounded.

I won't be disappointed if we don't sign anyone this transfer window and I think people are just overreacting especially with comments of "write of the season". Embarrassing!

Spending big money didn't work out for Nottingham Forrest & West Ham this season did it?

We've obviously tried to get in Emery's number 1 targets but they don't wanna come in January so it's best not to be buying any old shit. The players we've signed and have been linked so far have been great, the transfer policy going In the right direction.

Emery got the best out of what we have so far & see no reason he cant continue to do that with the current squad! European Football is coming to Villa Park. Plenty to play for.

• Like 2

I'll be really disappointed if thats our only business, this transfer window ; we've bought a left back for a position that didn't really need strengthening this window and an up an coming kid for the future. Meanwhile, we've binned our top goalscorer with no thought to a replacement......how lovely.

11 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I won't be disappointed if we don't sign anyone this transfer window and I think people are just overreacting especially with comments of "write of the season". Embarrassing!

Spending big money didn't work out for Nottingham Forrest & West Ham this season did it?

We've obviously tried to get in Emery's number 1 targets but they don't wanna come in January so it's best not to be buying any old shit. The players we've signed and have been linked so far have been great, the transfer policy going In the right direction.

Emery got the best out of what we have so far & see no reason he cant continue to do that with the current squad! European Football is coming to Villa Park. Plenty to play for.

Do we know, they don't want to come?...or is it other issues?

I accept in the absence of our prime targets, we don't want to sign anybody, that just creates a "Bomb squad"

Forest for me, are doing ok.....West Ham just have too many players, who have lost form.

I hope UE can continue to work his magic, but I equally hope we are not expecting too much either, and we slip back.

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

I'll be really disappointed if thats our only business, this transfer window ; we've bought a left back for a position that didn't really need strengthening this window and an up an coming kid for the future. Meanwhile, we've binned our top goalscorer with no thought to a replacement......how lovely.

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I don’t totally disagree with your overall point but we have signed 23 first team players in the last 2.5 years. I don’t think we are really forced to wait for signings that often! Would love this one to get done though.

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I don’t think he works for Lange, I think Emery works for Purslow.  Unusual I know and never made clear but events at the time of his appointment and since suggests Lange isn’t his boss.

I'm not even sure if emery works for purslow tbh. A lot was made at the time that he (emery) is 'clearly nas's man'.

I'd say he reports directly. 

It will be very interesting if and when the new dof is hired as to the chain of command in terms of the footballing side. 

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

I don’t totally disagree with your overall point but we have signed 23 first team players in the last 2.5 years. I don’t think we are really forced to wait for signings that often! Would love this one to get done though.

I just see this one, like the Kamara deal...in the sense that it will project us up a level....just my opinion.

Hence why I'm so keen to see it done.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, messi11 said:

A bigger U-turn than the Truss-Kwarteng mini budget. 

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I'm not even sure if emery works for purslow tbh. A lot was made at the time that he (emery) is 'clearly nas's man'.

I'd say he reports directly. 

It will be very interesting if and when the new dof is hired as to the chain of command in terms of the footballing side. 

For me Nige.....The manager is the most important/influential man in the football club.....but they have to create their own stature, like Fergie and Pep did/has....UE has in the past done much of that, and this next phase of his with us, is to be established.

However, Aston Villa is a business, which means financial management is crucial too......Football is the conduit to making the finances succesful, so the Ceo is an important figure, in balancing the books....essentially he is the Boss, but if he puts a tourniquet around the football side, it could be detrimental to the overall club success.....I am not saying he is, just if he did....as he is accountable for the Accounts.

From what, I understand and it could be conjecture.....Nass said to UE " Build me a football team" meaning a good one......quite a poignant request.

That will/should encompass and awful lot of authority/control to do.

I have no idea of the lines of command....but I would guess, if and of the higher ups have any notion of success, they will work together, and avoid any egositical behaviour, that could compromise the outcome.

Managers are accountable and the strong and confident ones are at the front, when it comes to decisions, they back themselves, I would guess UE would be one of those. I think it would take brave directors to make UE's work life difficult, particularly if it gets back to Nass.

NSWE has a series of multi-billion powered interests, They can't be nannying them ,all the time.....They have to get on with it....I would be surprised, if they didn't know their parameters when it comes to signings....That I would suggest has been signed off, or not, which ever the scenario.

Edited by TRO

36 minutes ago, messi11 said:

How many people are you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, TRO said:

Do we know, they don't want to come?...or is it other issues?

I accept in the absence of our prime targets, we don't want to sign anybody, that just creates a "Bomb squad"

Forest for me, are doing ok.....West Ham just have too many players, who have lost form.

I hope UE can continue to work his magic, but I equally hope we are not expecting too much either, and we slip back.

Clubs don't wanna sell without getting a replacement in which is hard in Jan. + Players are commited to finishing the season. 

We've got rid of a lot of deadwood so we're setting up for a rebuild or promising young talents like Duran. 

It's about clever recruitment, good scoring rather than just splashing out cash on 1 season wonders. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Clubs don't wanna sell without getting a replacement in which is hard in Jan. + Players are commited to finishing the season. 

We've got rid of a lot of deadwood so we're setting up for a rebuild or promising young talents like Duran. 

It's about clever recruitment, good scoring rather than just splashing out cash on 1 season wonders. 

Yeah, I accept all that....but that also applies to every club, looking to recruit.

Â