Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

Guendouzi is the type of midfielder that is easy to dislike when your team is playing against him. 

That's exactly why I have been a fan of signing him. He can play but he also has edge about him that I think our midfield would benefit from.

He's versatile and probably reaching a good level of maturity.

Get it done!

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 4

First signing we should get done when the window opens imo, will really give us depth in midfield. I do think he wanted that move here in January and he must be aware of how good we have done since. When these types of players are available i reckon its important to take the opportunity. Emery can improve him massively like a lot of our players and it looks like we are going to have a strong finish to the campaign. He will want to join to link up with his old boss and help to push us on.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

No chance of us signing him now, he's going to Wet Spam as a replacement for Declan Rice-Pudding.

It's obviously true, as it's in The Mirror Online and of course, any player with a modicum of brain cells would rather play for Gollum than Unai Emery, wouldn't they?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

There will be discussions with the management, and with the new coach who will arrive. We will weigh the pros and cons, and we will make a decision together"

Matteo Guendouzi on his future at OM, at the microphone of @YassinNfaoui

Of course, Euro 2024 is a goal for me: I will do everything to be there”

The great ambitions of Matteo Guendouzi with the French team

According to our information, Juventus, Inter Milan, Aston Villa and Newcastle are interested in Matteo Guendouzi, under contract with OM until 2025 

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

Can't see this happening now we signed Tielemans. 

I can mate. We’re probably going to offload Nakamba and Sanson, and Guendouzi can play in a few different roles. 

For the reported fee, and given the mural respect that the player and manager have for each other, I think this is a no brainer. 

13 minutes ago, av1 said:

I can mate. We’re probably going to offload Nakamba and Sanson, and Guendouzi can play in a few different roles. 

For the reported fee, and given the mural respect that the player and manager have for each other, I think this is a no brainer. 

I could be wrong as I haven't seen much of him but I don't think he can play the wide midfield role like Ramsey and McGinn can. Luiz, Kamara, Tielemans and Guendouzi for 2 spots seems a lot given you'd think we should be getting a more dynamic RM and JJ/McGinn can play on the left.

I'm aware we need a squad but I think 3 top CMs with McGinn filling in if we did have a big problem seems fine.

Watkins - New Support

Ramsey - Luiz - Kamara - New RM

That's going to leave Tielemans, Guendouzi, Buendia, Coutinho, McGinn, Bailey on the bench. We will see some players leave perhaps and while I wouldn't complain at the depth it's hard to keep them all happy, I don't think Tielemans is here to be a squad player either so it will be interesting to see how they are all going to fit in. Perhaps he plans to switch systems a bit more next season and use a 4-3-3.

40 minutes ago, av1 said:

spacer.png

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I could be wrong as I haven't seen much of him but I don't think he can play the wide midfield role like Ramsey and McGinn can. Luiz, Kamara, Tielemans and Guendouzi for 2 spots seems a lot given you'd think we should be getting a more dynamic RM and JJ/McGinn can play on the left.

I'm aware we need a squad but I think 3 top CMs with McGinn filling in if we did have a big problem seems fine.

Watkins - New Support

Ramsey - Luiz - Kamara - New RM

That's going to leave Tielemans, Guendouzi, Buendia, Coutinho, McGinn, Bailey on the bench. We will see some players leave perhaps and while I wouldn't complain at the depth it's hard to keep them all happy, I don't think Tielemans is here to be a squad player either so it will be interesting to see how they are all going to fit in. Perhaps he plans to switch systems a bit more next season and use a 4-3-3.

I haven’t watched much of him in France mate but I’m sure I’ve read that he’s been playing in an advanced left position, exactly like Ramsey. 

That’s why I like him (if true) because that’s at least 3 positions he can cover. Those sort of players can be worth their weight in gold. 

• 2 months later...
On 20/04/2023 at 18:43, Villatillidie95 said:

First signing we should get done when the window opens imo, will really give us depth in midfield. I do think he wanted that move here in January and he must be aware of how good we have done since. When these types of players are available i reckon its important to take the opportunity. Emery can improve him massively like a lot of our players and it looks like we are going to have a strong finish to the campaign. He will want to join to link up with his old boss and help to push us on.

I agree strength in depth and dome bite in midfield. We’ve lacked the latter for years. We need someone that other teams hate to play against because he’s a nuisance rather than just too good. A player who can let other players play. I hate to say it but a Robbie Savage type of player. Shoot me now!

• Like 1

Â