Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

80 pages and there aren't any links beyond "he and Emery really like each other". At least the Rashica thread had random Belgian journalists tweeting stuff and the fish puns.

Not sure why a couple people keep saying this, unless they have skipped most the thread.

Romano and other journalists have tweeted and commented on this.

Romano has clarified the extent of Aston Villa’s interest in the player and provided all of the latest information on the player.

He told the House of Champions Podcast: “Yes, the focus for Aston Villa is Guendouzi. Yes, absolutely they want this player. Unai Emery is in love with this player.

“They already had conversations on the player’s side. Let’s see how the negotiation with Marseille will go. It’s not an easy negotiation with Marseille, but he is top of the list for Aston Villa. Also, Marseille are now closing in on Ivan Ilic from Verona.

“I think the Guendouzi situation is one to watch this week. Villa will push and Unai Emery, in particular, is in love with this player.”

Talking to GiveMeSport, Romano shared what he knows about Villa and Guendouzi after the club sealed a move for Moreno. The transfer expert stated that Villa chiefs are ‘speaking to people close to’ Guendouzi, however, a bid is yet to be made.

“I think Aston Villa will be busy; they signed Alex Moreno, it’s done for €13 million.

“They are also speaking to people close to Matteo Guendouzi from Olympique Marseille, but Marseille are still waiting for Aston Villa to make an official bid.”

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure why a couple people keep saying this, unless they have skipped most the thread.

Romano and other journalists have tweeted and commented on this.

Romano has clarified the extent of Aston Villa’s interest in the player and provided all of the latest information on the player.

He told the House of Champions Podcast: “Yes, the focus for Aston Villa is Guendouzi. Yes, absolutely they want this player. Unai Emery is in love with this player.

“They already had conversations on the player’s side. Let’s see how the negotiation with Marseille will go. It’s not an easy negotiation with Marseille, but he is top of the list for Aston Villa. Also, Marseille are now closing in on Ivan Ilic from Verona.

“I think the Guendouzi situation is one to watch this week. Villa will push and Unai Emery, in particular, is in love with this player.”

Talking to GiveMeSport, Romano shared what he knows about Villa and Guendouzi after the club sealed a move for Moreno. The transfer expert stated that Villa chiefs are ‘speaking to people close to’ Guendouzi, however, a bid is yet to be made.

“I think Aston Villa will be busy; they signed Alex Moreno, it’s done for €13 million.

“They are also speaking to people close to Matteo Guendouzi from Olympique Marseille, but Marseille are still waiting for Aston Villa to make an official bid.”

So Emery is in love with him and is speaking to people close to him. If I didn't know better I would think he was asking for his hand in marriage.

In all seriousness, it seems strange that we'd be negotiating with the player and not have put in a bid with 2 days left to go in the window.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dillon66 said:

I'll be really disappointed if thats our only business, this transfer window ; we've bought a left back for a position that didn't really need strengthening this window and an up an coming kid for the future. Meanwhile, we've binned our top goalscorer with no thought to a replacement......how lovely.

"Didn't really need strengthening" in your opinion. In. Your. Opinion.

Yet, in the opinion of our multi European title winning manager, we needed an upgrade, or in his words, "a different profile". So, you can base your reaction on what Dillon66 wanted from the transfer window, or what super-coach Unai Emery wanted. 

"No thought to a replacement" in your opinion. Again. How do you know this? Ergo, you don't. Have a little faith in the system. 

If an upgrade is available, and we can afford it within our limitations, there is zero evidence we won't spend what's required. If anything, we've spent too much on very little tangible improvements recently. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

So it sounds like Emery checked in with his agent at some point but the club never followed up. 

Where you get that from? If that's the case, I can't imagine they'd have done it without informing/agreeing it with Emery.

The owners know what a coup it was to get him here, and they surely only sold the project to him on grounds of being able to make the team in his vision. You honestly think they'd try to undermine his ambition?

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

So it sounds like Emery checked in with his agent at some point but the club never followed up. 

Did they write it in a post-it note and frigging misplace the message?! God damn!! 

7 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

"Didn't really need strengthening" in your opinion. In. Your. Opinion.

Yet, in the opinion of our multi European title winning manager, we needed an upgrade, or in his words, "a different profile". So, you can base your reaction on what Dillon66 wanted from the transfer window, or what super-coach Unai Emery wanted. 

"No thought to a replacement" in your opinion. Again. How do you know this? Ergo, you don't. Have a little faith in the system. 

If an upgrade is available, and we can afford it within our limitations, there is zero evidence we won't spend what's required. If anything, we've spent too much on very little tangible improvements recently. 

A little over the top, don't you think. If we are all to kowtow to the only opinion of 'Unai the Wise One' then there wouldn't be much point to forums like this. In MY opinion, the team had other priorities this window....if thats not YOUR opinion, fine.....I'll sleep easy either way.

6 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Where you get that from? If that's the case, I can't imagine they'd have done it without informing/agreeing it with Emery.

The owners know what a coup it was to get him here, and they surely only sold the project to him on grounds of being able to make the team in his vision. You honestly think they'd try to undermine his ambition?

No, I would think the club and manager would have been on the same page.

Emery would know the players agent from his Arsenal time, Emery checks in on the agent, finds out it’s a no go right now and the club moved on.

The agent told a reporter who produces a tweet and 80 pages of speculation and puns follow 😅

OM closes the door to a transfer from Guendouzi this winter unless there is a very big offer

Unless this was put in the media to try and get us to make a bid for him, I’d say I’m doubtful this happens before the end of the window. Hopefully we can try again in the summer,

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

OM closes the door to a transfer from Guendouzi this winter unless there is a very big offer

Unless this was put in the media to try and get us to make a bid for him, I’d say I’m doubtful this happens before the end of the window. Hopefully we can try again in the summer,

So the door isn't closed at all then. They're just waiting for an offer close to £40m I imagine. 

15 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Yes sounds like the player is available now but at a premium. I'm comfortable leaving this until the summer as I think he will be keen to play for emery and the price will be more reasonable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

So the door isn't closed at all then. They're just waiting for an offer close to £40m I imagine. 

I have a suspicion they want close to £50 mill due to them selling mid season, where as we may want to only pay between £30-40mill. Of course I’m just guessing I could be totally wrong about this. 

Edited by Rustibrooks

53 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I have a suspicion they want close to £50 mill due to them selling mid season, where as we may want to only pay between £30-50 mill. Of course I’m just guessing I could be totally wrong about this. 

I see no issue here. It'shappening.gif !

• Haha 1

With the way the transfer market has gone over the last few years I don’t really know what represent good value anymore. But a young French international with Champions league and PL experience isn’t going to come cheap. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

With the way the transfer market has gone over the last few years I don’t really know what represent good value anymore. But a young French international with Champions league and PL experience isn’t going to come cheap. 

True, add to that they do not really want to sell.

Villa need to step up and act like big boys and pay the fee.

If Emery really wants the player here then Villa must back him.

Â