Lee Kang-in

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Him going away for military service for 2 years is worrying tho.
We need Korea to win a world cup then he will be able to bypass it. 

If this is true surely we'd be mad to sign him...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I suppose he could agree to sign for us on a four-year contract and defer his conscription until he is 26 years old.

That's true, though then you have no hope of a sale. For the military service reason alone I don't see this one happening whatever that outlet claims, but we'll see. 

According to Korea's Military Service law, He can postpone his military service until the age of 37.

------------

Article 149 (Management of Emigrants, etc.)
(1)    In cases where any person liable for military service who has continuously resided abroad or his parents fall under any of the following subparagraphs before he reaches 25 years of age, he shall be deemed to have obtained permission for overseas travel up to 37 years of age: <Amended by Presidential Decree No. 22286, Jul. 21, 2010; Decree No. 23305, Nov. 23, 2011>
1.    Where the principal or his parents obtain permanent resident status (excluding conditional permanent resident status) in a foreign country, or he or they obtain indefinite stay status or long-term stay status of not less than five years in a country that does not enforce a permanent resident status system and continuously reside abroad;
2.    Where the principal or his parents obtain stay status as special permanent resident or permanent resident in Japan and continuously reside abroad;
3.    Where the principal continuously resides together with his parents in a foreign country after he was born in such foreign country and has obtained the foreign country's nationality or citizenship;
4.    Where the principal or his parents emigrate to any foreign country in accordance with the Emigration Act and continuously reside abroad;
5.    Where the principal departs from the Republic of Korea with his parent who are not a resident employee before his age of 18 and continuously reside

Edited by uptoyou
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, uptoyou said:

According to Korea's Military Service law, He can postpone his military service until the age of 37.

------------

Article 149 (Management of Emigrants, etc.)
(1)    In cases where any person liable for military service who has continuously resided abroad or his parents fall under any of the following subparagraphs before he reaches 25 years of age, he shall be deemed to have obtained permission for overseas travel up to 37 years of age: <Amended by Presidential Decree No. 22286, Jul. 21, 2010; Decree No. 23305, Nov. 23, 2011>
1.    Where the principal or his parents obtain permanent resident status (excluding conditional permanent resident status) in a foreign country, or he or they obtain indefinite stay status or long-term stay status of not less than five years in a country that does not enforce a permanent resident status system and continuously reside abroad;
2.    Where the principal or his parents obtain stay status as special permanent resident or permanent resident in Japan and continuously reside abroad;
3.    Where the principal continuously resides together with his parents in a foreign country after he was born in such foreign country and has obtained the foreign country's nationality or citizenship;
4.    Where the principal or his parents emigrate to any foreign country in accordance with the Emigration Act and continuously reside abroad;
5.    Where the principal departs from the Republic of Korea with his parent who are not a resident employee before his age of 18 and continuously reside

Could potentially have Spanish citizenship that stops him from going. 

Intriguing player but his numbers are a little concerning. Not a massive amount of goals / assists at senior level.
I know it doesn't tell a whole story and a good manager can see beyond the story so far, still...

34 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Intriguing player but his numbers are a little concerning. Not a massive amount of goals / assists at senior level.
I know it doesn't tell a whole story and a good manager can see beyond the story so far, still...

If you look at bundias numbers , they also don't look great bearing in mind the position he plays. 

But we are a team now, as long as each player follows instructions and makes the team stronger then someone's numbers improve in the team.

29 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

If you look at bundias numbers , they also don't look great bearing in mind the position he plays. 

But we are a team now, as long as each player follows instructions and makes the team stronger then someone's numbers improve in the team.

I cannot remember exactly but grealish numbers 5 years ago werent brilliant . 

I think we need to forget everything we know . If Emery wants him then he can see what he will bring to the team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mazrim said:

He's got a great set piece on him. Dribbles a lot and draws a lot of fouls. Mainly plays as a 10 for Mallorca this season but plays across either wing. He's exactly the kind of player I hope we sign.

2 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Mallorca aren’t really a high scoring team.

With regards to his military service and possible get-a rounds, I’m sure that if we want him, the club will employ some very expensive, and similarly effective, lawyers to explore all the possible options. 

Â