Lee Kang-in

Delphinho123

We should get him, he won't have to do the service until hes much older anyway right? so we can get a good half decade out of him first. These are the type of player who will make opposition defenders second guess themselves and imo if Emery and co want him then we should do it regardless.

Would he be a replacement for Buendia or for the wing. ?  22 years old and starting to gain real consistency.  17 mill isnt it the release clause ? 

You have got to get him at that price. Worth a fortune in increased south east asia exposure. Pay the same as we did for Traore 3 years ago. 

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Would he be a replacement for Buendia or for the wing. ?  22 years old and starting to gain real consistency.  17 mill isnt it the release clause ? 

You have got to get him at that price. Worth a fortune in increased south east asia exposure. Pay the same as we did for Traore 3 years ago. 

Id think hed be a direct threat to McGinn

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

I haven't  been as excited by a transfer speculation YouTube comp since Arouna Kone in 2007. The tackle and cross at 2:20 is my favourite  bit

Kone was so good, if he didnt have injuries he would have been a very good player imo. Remember that 3-0 win wigan got against us in 2012, he was all over us. Always envied Everton when he went there, on Fifa 13 he was such a lethal and cheap striker too. Pace and skill and decent finishing.

• Like 2

On 20/04/2023 at 13:57, uptoyou said:

According to Korea's Military Service law, He can postpone his military service until the age of 37.

------------

Article 149 (Management of Emigrants, etc.)
(1)    In cases where any person liable for military service who has continuously resided abroad or his parents fall under any of the following subparagraphs before he reaches 25 years of age, he shall be deemed to have obtained permission for overseas travel up to 37 years of age: <Amended by Presidential Decree No. 22286, Jul. 21, 2010; Decree No. 23305, Nov. 23, 2011>
1.    Where the principal or his parents obtain permanent resident status (excluding conditional permanent resident status) in a foreign country, or he or they obtain indefinite stay status or long-term stay status of not less than five years in a country that does not enforce a permanent resident status system and continuously reside abroad;
2.    Where the principal or his parents obtain stay status as special permanent resident or permanent resident in Japan and continuously reside abroad;
3.    Where the principal continuously resides together with his parents in a foreign country after he was born in such foreign country and has obtained the foreign country's nationality or citizenship;
4.    Where the principal or his parents emigrate to any foreign country in accordance with the Emigration Act and continuously reside abroad;
5.    Where the principal departs from the Republic of Korea with his parent who are not a resident employee before his age of 18 and continuously reside abroad

I don't know why people keep ignoring this. 

@KMitch. I raise your clickbaity media article with this from Korean military law.

Basically says he has permission to reside overseas until the age of 37, provided he's lived overseas with his parents since he was 18 until he is 25.

Makes an assumption that they were staying with him from when he joined Valencia when he was 16 and still live in Spain.  But if they did, then they all move to Birmingham, he doesn't need to do military service until he's 37.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Imagine him going off after 65 minutes and McGinn coming on (or the other way around). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, one_ian_taylor said:

I haven't  been as excited by a transfer speculation YouTube comp since Arouna Kone in 2007. The tackle and cross at 2:20 is my favourite  bit

Remember the adama traore one?

9 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Never seen him play. Playing in Real Mallorca doesn't really fill me with confidence that he is much of an upgrade to what we already have.

Yeah, Moreno from Real Betis for 12m prob didnt fill many ppl with confidence that he was any better than what we had.....

If Emery wants him, im all for it, if he doesnt, im all for that also 😆

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

He tends to play on the left but I think he’s a leftie so he could play on the right similar to McGinn.  

40 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I don't know why people keep ignoring this. 

@KMitch. I raise your clickbaity media article with this from Korean military law.

Basically says he has permission to reside overseas until the age of 37, provided he's lived overseas with his parents since he was 18 until he is 25.

Makes an assumption that they were staying with him from when he joined Valencia when he was 16 and still live in Spain.  But if they did, then they all move to Birmingham, he doesn't need to do military service until he's 37.

That "clickbaity media article" was from the oldest daily newspaper in Korea...  Here is the original article at Chosun:

https://www.chosun.com/sports/world-football/2023/04/30/CWGUPNIIVBCAXFG5WVTJZRHX3A/?outputType=amp

The link I sent was a translated version from a Korean News in English complier...  

If the newspaper of record is making an issue about his military service requirement impacting his near term career, it must mean something...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KMitch said:

That "clickbaity media article" was from the oldest daily newspaper in Korea...  Here is the original article at Chosun:

https://www.chosun.com/sports/world-football/2023/04/30/CWGUPNIIVBCAXFG5WVTJZRHX3A/?outputType=amp

The link I sent was a translated version from a Korean News in English complier...  

If the newspaper of record is making an issue about his military service requirement impacting his near term career, it must mean something...

The article doesn't really make an issue of it for him, it seems to be more talking about the other chap. It references it in passing for Lee Kang-in (although could be the translation) and maybe there is an element that he might not want to postpone his service anyway. 

But it's not a given that he will be disappearing for 2 years if we sign him. 

Even if the exemption I call out doesn't apply, he could still get a pass if he or the national team do something the government think is particularly special.

And he has until 2029 to do it if he doesn't get an exemption before then.

If we want to sign a Korean footballer to increase our exposure over there, he's a great option. 

Â