Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

7 hours ago, Nigel said:

The strange thing about the digne signing was that his best attribute is his crossing, which was never going to be a good fit with our strikers.

This always bothered me; 'not a brilliant defender but has a brilliant cross'. This signing, (of whom I know nothing about) seems like the work of someone who knows exactly what he's doing, unlike with the signing of Digne.

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It speaks volumes that LB is the first area of the team UE has went to improve. Digne while not a terrible signing, has not improved us much.  

Perhaps this will provide a bit of motivation for him. Digne is capable of playing alot better and of course would  be decent backup if the plan is to keep him.

Thirteen million is very cheap by Premier League standards these days, so even if he comes and ends up just being a decent squad player for two or three seasons it will have been a good deal. Sevilla had the best defence in La Liga last season and Real Betis have third best defence so far this season, so Moreno and Carlos coming back could really help us defensively hopefully.

• Like 4

I’m baffled by anyone claiming we don’t need this signing because of Digne. We are so weak down the left and Wolves as an example knew that and hammered us there time and time again. Digne was an awful signing. Just because he was £27m and a French international doesn’t make it the right one. Should never have been signed and I suspect his days are numbered. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

I’m baffled by anyone claiming we don’t need this signing because of Digne. We are so weak down the left and Wolves as an example knew that and hammered us there time and time again. Digne was an awful signing. Just because he was £27m and a French international doesn’t make it the right one. Should never have been signed and I suspect his days are numbered. 

Absolutely. Digne was a horrendous signing. Possibly our worst of the lot considering his performances, age, resale value, wages, etc. He’s looked like a major defensive liability this season. Being subbed for Augustinsson in the Wolves game spoke volumes. Hopefully Moreno alongside Carlos coming back will strengthen us nicely. 

Â