Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

Welcome Mereno! Read some utter rubbish on Twitter. Lots of pace and experience that will push Digne and others to improve. In the grand scheme of things, his age is irrelevant if we are able to develop the club further. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Has anyone thought about the prospect of this bloke coming in as LB, and pushing Digne further forward to LW?

Will offsett Dignes pace issue. He'll have less ground to cover, and be more involved in attacks where he might excel. ( Head to head show Digne is superior in chance creation and assists )

Moreno could cover the ground and do the donkey work. Stats show he's a better dribbler and tackler than Digne, as well as obviously fast, so could cover the ground and lay off to Digne?

I think it could be the other way round 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Has anyone thought about the prospect of this bloke coming in as LB, and pushing Digne further forward to LW?

Will offsett Dignes pace issue. He'll have less ground to cover, and be more involved in attacks where he might excel. ( Head to head show Digne is superior in chance creation and assists )

Moreno could cover the ground and do the donkey work. Stats show he's a better dribbler and tackler than Digne, as well as obviously fast, so could cover the ground and lay off to Digne?

No chance. Digne can't beat a man. He'd be useless at LW.

• Like 2

I cant comment i dont know anything about him. But I hope he improves the position hes coming into play.  If its left back then hes got to be able to defend better than Digne, doubt if he will cross the ball as well. 

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

I'm actually really excited to have a fullback who can dribble! Should give us another dimension.

Disclaimer - Joe Bennett could also dribble so let's wait and see.

Joe Bennet could dribble. Slightly different though. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes, it's  only logical. The Curse of Villa has already transformed Emery from cup run genius to third round also-ran, so the next step could easily by playing 3 (or even 4) full backs and transforming one of Europe's  most successful managers into Alex McLeish

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

29…… has there been Transfer policy meltdown on this thread yet? :trollface:

At £13m it’s reasonable though isn’t it if he can step in as a ready-made player. Last year we paid £25m for a “ready-made” 28yr old left back so seems like a step in the right direction on the sense scale 

Edited by david-avfc

1 minute ago, david-avfc said:

At £13m it’s reasonable though isn’t it if he can step in as a ready-made player. Last year we paid £25m for a “ready-made” 28yr old left back so seems like a step in the right direction on the sense scale 

I think that this will be pretty typical of a player Unai targets. This is the biggest move of his career. He is still on the way up rather than on the way down like Digne and Coutinho. Gerrard targeted " winners" . I think emery will target hungry and desperate to do well instead. None of our 80/81 winners were serial winners beforehand. But they had huge hunger . It was up to Ron and therefore Unai to turn that hunger into winning with coaching. 

Â