Match Thread: Villa v Wolves

limpid

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yup. You pay for the right to air your voice, but frankly, I think every fan booing that is a stupid **** word removed

It’s only bloody half time too. They might have a tiny, tiny case if we’d lost already.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Where's the coaching in that half?

passive, self indulgent, football...

as soon as we try to build on performances, we get this turgid offering.

I mean, it's definitely been a bad day at the office so far. We're a mid table team, games like these happen, a lot. 

What a wretched first half...this club never changes does it?😂 Performances and eventual results like this are why we never finish in the top half of premier league anymore.

Getting outnumbered in CM so Dendoncker needs to be on to add height and muscle. And he knows the strengths and weaknesses of their players better than anyone else.

Think Ings would be decent in this buzzing around their CBs, Nathan Collins has Ollie firmly in his pocket so far.

Need those subs on soon and not last 15 minutes.

4 minutes ago, jim said:

Those that are there can express their displeasure how they like.

100% this. Easy to admonish people booing watching the game from the comfort of your home, the pub, etc. 

Try paying £60, trekking over to B6, in the cold and watching this absolute shite. See how you feel then.

• Like 4

I count myself amongst the more fly-off-the-handle hyperbolic Villa fans, but some of the responses are just mind bending. Shit performance but we can turn this around. The booing isn’t called for. First bad performance in some time. 

First rule of any match - especially a derby - is you must at least match the intensity of the opposition.

We are passive, static and ball watching. If that doesn't change after half time we'll end up more than 1 goal behind.

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Zero effort is just a straight up lie. The same players that worked so hard v Spurs suddenly now decide to put zero effort in? 

You saw the same half as me, would you say they were giving it their all?

Look like a team who thought Wolves were going to roll over and have their balls tickled.

Edited by jim

Just now, Genie said:

It’s only bloody half time too. They might have a tiny, tiny case if we’d lost already.

I don't see the issue. After the fantastic performance and win it's time to see some proper consistency and that first half was 15/16 standard.

Fans want to see us finish in the top half again (especially with the matchday prices now) so it's important to remind the squad once in a while that performances like that will mean the club firmly staying in 12th for foreseeable future.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Especially with the mental weakness in the team none of this booing is helpful get behind them ffs. This isn’t Gerrard. 

Exactly, Emery will know full well this isn't working.

You can see they need to just get some possession and get a foothold in the game but the second a pass goes backwards the fans are groaning. Drives me mad.

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Sound like entitled clearings in the woods booing, 3 wins in 4 including United for first time in 400 years and Spuds away.

Get a grip

so you feel that recent results mean that players can give themselves a night off and get battered at home vs rivals who started the night in the bottom 3? see how well we progress up the league with that attitude

irrespective of how good the last 4 games have been (and they really have), the players needed telling that performance wasn't acceptable

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Strog said:

Poor but to be honest Dogheads are doing to us what we did to Spuds on Sunday.. 

More like we are doing what spurs did for us.

We have been shit with absolutely everything.  Defenaively positioning  pasosng creating chances its been a horror show.

That performance is up there with fulham