Pre match thread

Demitri_C

Guess they will go argentina today. Be there for maybe 5 days which would take us to 24th. Leaving a days training although he is a keeper doesnt really need as much fitness training as a outfield player.

I reckon he will miss liverpool game and be bac back for spurs

I assume Emi is out for this game. Olsen fills me with dread every time he plays! 

Other than that we should be at full strength! Even our other WC players are already back! 

I thought Liverpool would’ve had a load of players at the WC but not really bad they beat AC Milan a few days ago 4-1, Nunez was back from the WC and got two. 

I think this is going to be a tough one but hopefully Unai can set us up to get a result! 

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Noway is emi playing.  He will be given time off and im sure they wilk gi back to argentina to celebrate with the country.

I doubt he will even play against spurs. Prob fa cup game

Automatic loss then 

18 minutes ago, Adman said:

I think emi will be offered a break and decline.  He'll want to play imo

Depends what the break entails. If ita to remain in Argentina and celebrate with his Argentinian collegaues there for 5 days i dont blame him i would do the same

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Hopefully if he misses this one, he's back for Spurs. Loris vs. Emi round 2.

Where Harry Kane-Penalty will fall over, get a penalty, and get called "clever". Again.

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

hope he is back and rightly paraded and heralded in front of the home fans before kick off.

he just has to wait til messi's back is turned so he can grab the trophy and get it back to B6 for that purpose alone

Nah he'll just bring Messi back with him. Leo holding the world cup and signing his Villa contract as he can't not play with his lucky charm Emi 😉

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Guess they will go argentina today. Be there for maybe 5 days which would take us to 24th. Leaving a days training although he is a keeper doesnt really need as much fitness training as a outfield player.

I reckon he will miss liverpool game and be bac back for spurs

5 days?! They'll do some sort of parade, meet fans/president and that will be it. Given the World cup has finished now we could actually insist on recalling him straightaway as FIFA would have no say in the matter but of course it's important to give him time to celebrate in his homeland.

I don't see why he can't be back in this country by Thursday evening and then it's a case of how focused he is. Can get in two training sessions if we're in on xmas day so that would be enough.

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

5 days?! They'll do some sort of parade, meet fans/president and that will be it. Given the World cup has finished now we could actually insist on recalling him straightaway as FIFA would have no say in the matter but of course it's important to give him time to celebrate in his homeland.

I don't see why he can't be back in this country by Thursday evening and then it's a case of how focused he is. Can get in two training sessions if we're in on xmas day so that would be enough.

Well the parade is today.  Say they party tonight, recovery day tomorrow and maybe some TV interviews. 

Then fly back Thursday, in training Friday and Sunday, play Monday.

It's possible.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

Has anyone seen from other clubs if they expect their players back? Spurs have Romero, United have Lisandro Martinez, Brighton have Mac Allister and City have Alvarez.  

Be worth keeping an eye on to see if any of them return before Boxing Day.

4 hours ago, ender4 said:

Well the parade is today.  Say they party tonight, recovery day tomorrow and maybe some TV interviews. 

Then fly back Thursday, in training Friday and Sunday, play Monday.

It's possible.

Even if that is his agenda he will be in no mental state to play. Hes not a machine.