Oasis: This is their thread

useless

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

It's bound to happen - matter of time now. They'll reunite for a few gigs in 2025 i reckon. 30 years since WTSMG

And with Blur back on the scene, watch them try to reignite that feud

You'd have to suspect Blur won’t play ball though

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

And with Blur back on the scene, watch them try to reignite that feud

You'd have to suspect Blur won’t play ball though

They are all mates now so if that did happen then it'll be completely contrived on all sides, but, lets be honest, Blur reuniting is small time compared to Oasis reuniting, whether you like Oasis or not it will be massive news, Blurs come back has received very little press or attention in comparison the the attention Oasis are getting by not getting back together.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leemond2008 said:

They are all mates now so if that did happen then it'll be completely contrived on all sides, but, lets be honest, Blur reuniting is small time compared to Oasis reuniting, whether you like Oasis or not it will be massive news, Blurs come back has received very little press or attention in comparison the the attention Oasis are getting by not getting back together.

Blur never split up

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Blur never split up

OK then, Blur ending their hiatus has received very little press or attention in comparison to the attention Oasis are getting by not getting back together 🙄

1 minute ago, leemond2008 said:

OK then, Blur ending their hiatus has received very little press or attention in comparison to the attention Oasis are getting by not getting back together 🙄

I’m not sure that is right tbh. Blurs new single is absolutely everywhere, the album will sell by the absolute bucketload. Bold prediction but it may well be the biggest selling album of the year in the UK

It is mad to think what oasis could sell if they did get back together

Knebworth all over again, Wembley, any stadium you could care to mention

Still maintain 20+ years later the 20 year old lads in this country have never seen anything better, kasabian, courteeners etc not even close

Them getting back together and even playing 1 gig before imploding would be huge

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It is mad to think what oasis could sell if they did get back together

Knebworth all over again, Wembley, any stadium you could care to mention

Still maintain 20+ years later the 20 year old lads in this country have never seen anything better, kasabian, courteeners etc not even close

Them getting back together and even playing 1 gig before imploding would be huge

I saw The Blue Aeroplanes when I was 20 and to be honest they were phenomenal. Perhaps it's a case of one man's treasure etc. 

14 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I saw The Blue Aeroplanes when I was 20 and to be honest they were phenomenal. 

I saw them when I was maybe 24 or 23 ish and they were ok. Supporting REM.

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

I saw them when I was maybe 24 or 23 ish and they were ok. Supporting REM.

The current MrsD saw them then as well. She is slightly more critical. 

14 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

The current MrsD saw them then as well. She is slightly more critical. 

That sounds  like you are considering an upgrade :) 

There’s a bit in one of the documentaries where Liams current Mrs talks about how he reached out to Noel twice and Noel was having none of it, even though the second time Liam had financial issues Noel didn’t want to know.

Now Noel is going through an expensive divorce, Liam is flush again, and Noel is talking about getting the band back together every chance he gets (to flog his album).

1 hour ago, Genie said:

There’s a bit in one of the documentaries where Liams current Mrs talks about how he reached out to Noel twice and Noel was having none of it, even though the second time Liam had financial issues Noel didn’t want to know.

Now Noel is going through an expensive divorce, Liam is flush again, and Noel is talking about getting the band back together every chance he gets (to flog his album).

Noel's record of 10 consecutive number 1 albums has come to an end due to the Foo Fighters today, I actually really like the album but his popularity has dropped off.  I think his missus hating Liam was the main reason they couldn't reunite so I suspect it'll be a year or two and they'll be back.

Â