Oasis: This is their thread

useless

I'm not a fan of complete album tours personally and I've still not picked up the new Knebworth vinyl (overpriced) so won't be rushing to the inevitable vinyl release of that tour either

Edit - I'm not getting the new masterplan special edition eithwr, love that album but I'm not seeing what's special about it

Edited by villa4europe

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I'm not a fan of complete album tours personally and I've still not picked up the new Knebworth vinyl (overpriced) so won't be rushing to the inevitable vinyl release of that tour either

Edit - I'm not getting the new masterplan special edition eithwr, love that album but I'm not seeing what's special about it

Yeah the Masterplan one is an insult really.  Could've at least remastered the tunes that didn't make it or even added the b-sides from 2000 onwards.  I think the DM gigs will be great and suspect Noel will ok the reunion for Morning Glory in 2025.

I've seen him 4 times now I think with then 1 more acoustic special thrown in

Old Trafford was one of the worst gigs I've been to but I think that was more to do with the venue and the noise limits, one brum show he was brilliant, one in cologne he was OK, not far off what oasis were tbf you catch him wrong and he's not on it and it's just average, it's all different levels depending on who you're with, where it is, how drunk you are, how the crowd are etc etc

At that price and doing the album tour which I don't like it doesn't appeal to me in the slightest

The acoustic night at union chapel was proper incredible, what a venue that is

• 1 month later...

Picked up standing on the shoulders of giants on vinyl

That albums got an unfair rep, it's an alright 7/10 album 

Gas panic is a contender for best song they never released as a single, who feels love is probably their worst single, the side b 3 song run of gas panic, where did it all go wrong, Sunday morning call is great, SMC was one of my favourite oasis tracks growing up but not so much now

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Gas panic is a contender for best song they never released as a single, who feels love is probably their worst single, the side b 3 song run of gas panic, where did it all go wrong, Sunday morning call is great, SMC was one of my favourite oasis tracks growing up but not so much now

I agree with this, although the debate about best song never released as a single could go on for hours.

The Masterplan, Morning Glory, Champagne Supernova, Don’t go away, Half the World away, She’s Electric, Rockin’ Chair, plus loads of others*

Worst single release is easier, there are some poor choices. Lord don’t slow me down and one I never warmed to, Songbird.

*yes I know some of those were released as singles outside of the UK.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Change from the norm wasn’t it. I remember feeling slightly disappointed when it first came out but you can’t keep knocking out Definitely Maybe , What’s The Story. Those were hard albums to top , Be Here Now wasn’t bad either.   The album is a grower though and Go Let It Out is one of my favourite songs they ever done . They were still very much on their game  around this time. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Its an OK album. Start of the end though. Little James shouldn't have been on there, it should have been Lets All Make Believe instead. 

Some decent tunes on there. 

• Like 2

I think it’s their worst.  But then I haven’t listened to it for possibly twenty years.

The one aspect about it I do like is that it does sound representative of where they were. 

Be Here Now is the coke fuelled party, things are gettin’ better (man!!) album.

Giants is the hungover, urgh what did I do last night, look at this place, it’s a mess album.

I like that autobiographical element of it, one following the other. It’s not something I think is massively present elsewhere in their catalogue. But I’m not hugely fond of much of the album. 

****ing in the bushes is a good set opener, but it’s not as good as the swamp song so I’ve always slightly been irked that it displaced it, despite it being one of the better tunes on the album.

On 17/12/2023 at 12:35, Xela said:

Its an OK album. Start of the end though. Little James shouldn't have been on there, it should have been Lets All Make Believe instead. 

Some decent tunes on there. 

Let’s all make believe what a song that is 

• Like 1

On 18/12/2023 at 07:07, Mark Albrighton said:

I think it’s their worst.  But then I haven’t listened to it for possibly twenty years.

The one aspect about it I do like is that it does sound representative of where they were. 

Be Here Now is the coke fuelled party, things are gettin’ better (man!!) album.

Giants is the hungover, urgh what did I do last night, look at this place, it’s a mess album.

I like that autobiographical element of it, one following the other. It’s not something I think is massively present elsewhere in their catalogue. But I’m not hugely fond of much of the album. 

****ing in the bushes is a good set opener, but it’s not as good as the swamp song so I’ve always slightly been irked that it displaced it, despite it being one of the better tunes on the album.

I played the album the other night and I forgot how much I like shagging in the bushes as a bit of an instrumental album opener . 

5 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Loathesome wankchester bellends, not keen on the music but as people they are both gusset stains.

I quite like their earlier music but as people, The Gallagher's at least are definitely both as you describe them.

• Like 1

On 17/12/2023 at 10:41, villa4europe said:

I think it's a mixed bag. For me, 'Go Let it Out', 'Gas Panic' and 'Roll It Over' are among some of their best songs, but then 'Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is', 'Little James' & 'I Can See a Liar' are amongst their worst! 'In The Bushes' is decent.

The rest of the songs on that album don't really do much to make me love or hate them, they are pretty bland. 

As mentioned by others, the best song of that era though was 'Lets All Make Believe', that's a beautiful song! How it never made the album, I'll never know.

I remember before that album came out Noel was on Radio one talking about it and they played Let’s All Make Believe, I couldn’t believe it was a b-side.

He played an acoustic version of who feels love in the studio that sounded bloody awful too.

Mixed bag.

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, Billson said:

Don't know if this is the right topic for this but is anyone else exited by the recently announced Liam Gallagher / John Squire collaboration? I can't wait to hear Squire playing again!!

https://youtube.com/shorts/dK45YP_8MNw?si=0M7-xIyfrKwpIXm9

I don’t really get excited anymore, in fact a little bit depressed. 

I saw something a couple of weeks ago saying Noel is going back into the studio in January to record a new album and my first thought was for him to give it up now.

The Liam Gallagher / Richard Ashcroft collaboration was crap.

• Like 1

Â