Oasis: This is their thread

useless

37 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Wow, no I did not but it makes sense as that track definitely has the funkiest of bass lines. Mind blown, wow to be in that studio witnessing the recording is a thing of greatness. Legendary!

Actually not sure whichtracks he played on without further investigation...but you could be correct.

3 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Noel is an egotist and a plagiarist, I'm sure he commented once (drunkenly) how he basically ripped off a bunch of Seattle bands and of course The Beatles (obviously).

A quick google search will tell you most of the guitar parts are plagiarised; there are many videos demonstrating this too.

he acknowledges it a lot and he does it a lot, subconscious plagiarism 

but im not sure why thats a stick to beat them with whereas others get away with it

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

subconscious plagiarism 

Nah, it really isn't, there is absolutely nothing subconscious about it. I've told The Real People story numerous times, hell they even ripped off The Real People, the band that taught them how to rip off other bands

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Nah, it really isn't, there is absolutely nothing subconscious about it. I've told The Real People story numerous times, hell they even ripped off The Real People, the band that taught them how to rip off other bands

I never got why the Realies didn't just keep the secrets to themselves and sell tens of millions of records of their own.

20 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I never got why the Realies didn't just keep the secrets to themselves and sell tens of millions of records of their own.

Well Cher did have a top ten album with It’s A Mans World :D and a top ten single with One by One :D :D Oh yeah and that tune Oasis literally stole from them (and credited it after a long fight - see below)

But the Real People’s lack of commercial success is more down to the Griffith brothers being a pair of scalls who were always falling out with everyone including themselves, record companies, managers and of course drugs. They haven’t changed and never will, still going.

What I’m talking about aren’t secrets it’s just two sets of muso scall brothers one explains to the other how they write songs

Â