Oasis: This is their thread

useless

My Oasis stats from spotify

image.png.f2fc4b29a486b843c934623289c9f142.png

I don't know what the top 250 tracks are or how they are worked out but considering the amount of music that I listen to, Oasis are right up there at number 6.

Edited by leemond2008
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

My Oasis stats from spotify

image.png.f2fc4b29a486b843c934623289c9f142.png

I don't know what the top 250 tracks are or how they are worked out but considering the amount of music that I listen to, Oasis are right up there at number 6.

how do you see that?

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

saw he'd been talking up an acoustic album earlier in the week, id love that

if you didn't know already he has a live album on spotify but its hard to find on the search because it'll take you to NGHFB rather than just NG

Slide Away - Live For Teenage Cancer Trust - song and lyrics by Noel  Gallagher | Spotify

got a cracking slide away on there

There’s a brilliant live electro-acoustic set from a few years ago about. I think it was recorded in Canada. I’ll have a look later to see if I can find it online. 

edit: This is the one

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

how do you see that?

its an app called stats.fm, I think it costs about 3 quid for the full version but if you listen to shit loads of music I'd say its worth it.

bit of a faff to start with if you want your entire listening history all the way back to when you first got Spotify, you need to email them and request all of the files in .json format (or something like that) then you upload them to the app and away you go.

gives you stats for daily, weekly, monthly, yearly and entire history, times listened, most listened tracks, artists and albums.

its more accurate than wrapped as well I find.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The Liam and John squire stuff is absolutely **** dreadful 

I listened to the first track, awful. I won’t listen to any more.

Just now, Genie said:

I listened to the first track, awful. I won’t listen to any more.

I manged about a minute of the 2nd

Not sure if Liam is still using his lyrics team but **** me he needs to bomb them off

• Thanks 1

On 26/01/2024 at 22:06, villa4europe said:

The Liam and John squire stuff is absolutely **** dreadful 

I was just listening to Absolute Radio 90’s (sue me) and the presenter was saying that Liam and John are on in the morning.

He said that they have a new album out and a couple of songs were released already.

Then he said the first song was “ok” and the second one is possibly better :lol:

Thats a nice as he could be about it the day before they are in the studio.

Safe to say they agree it’s shit.

• Like 1

John Squire's lyrics on Just Another Rainbow are a real let down, particularly the bit where Liam is reciting the colours of the rainbow, that is terrible. I can hardly believe John wrote them, I was sure that was going to be Liam's handy work when I first heard them.

The chorus of Mars to Liverpool sounds like it's right at the top of Liam's range so I can't see him pulling that off live unless they change the key.

However, as expected, I'm loving John's guitar work on both songs. Particularly the solo on the first song. I don't care, I love it. I just love the way the man plays the guitar and could listen to it all day.

Edited by Billson
missed a bit off first time round.
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Billson said:

John Squire's lyrics on Just Another Rainbow are a real let down, particularly the bit where Liam is reciting the colours of the rainbow, that is terrible. I can hardly believe John wrote them, I was sure that was going to be Liam's handy work when I first heard them.

The chorus of Mars to Liverpool sounds like it's right at the top of Liam's range so I can't see him pulling that off live unless they change the key.

However, as expected, I'm loving John's guitar work on both songs. Particularly the solo on the first song. I don't care, I love it. I just love the way the man plays the guitar and could listen to it all day.

"Red and orange, yellow and green
Blue, indigo, violet
We've crossed a line"

We've a line alright. 😉

I like both of the G&S tracks, like Bilson said, I love Squires guitar work, especially on another rainbow, I just have to prepare to mentally zone out when Liam starts randomly listing colours.

Mars to Liverpool is decent as well, I've listened to both of them a shitload and I'm looking forward to the album 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

This 🤫

Whiny Manc b*******

I always thought their music was just lame....

🤷‍♂️

I have always thought it is brilliant... 

The reason I fell in love with music and picked up the guitar.

• Like 3

Just listened to Just Another Rainbow and it's much better than I thought it would be after what I've read here (even though it's a lift of Waterfall) not sure I agree about the solo section being good though, was shite. 

59 minutes ago, Billson said:

🤷‍♂️

I have always thought it is brilliant... 

The reason I fell in love with music and picked up the guitar.

Fair enough...I'm glad it inspired you to play too. Then Oasis did a good job. 

I started falling in love with music late-eighties into the nineties, lots of Fairport Convention, Hendrix, Sabbath, Zeppelin, Bowie etc and then the alternative music scene (Soundgarden, Faith No More) which granted was just way more intricate and HEAVIER for me hence why I thought Oasis were just a bit tame/lame.

I played Bass at this time with friends and in a band. I gave it up many years ago but funnily just picked it up again because I fell in love with the wonderful bass lines of Motown and James Jamerson.

Guess it would be boring if we all liked the same stuff, right?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I played Bass at this time with friends and in a band. I gave it up many years ago but funnily just picked it up again because I fell in love with the wonderful bass lines of Motown and James Jamerson.

Guess it would be boring if we all liked the same stuff, right?

You do know he plays on Pacific Ocean Blue?

But on topic, anyone who thinks Brian Wilson is shit really has got a micro-brain (pointing at you, Monobrow Noel).

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

But on topic, anyone who thinks Brian Wilson is shit really has got a micro-brain

He's not shit but he's not a patch on the musical genius that is Mike Love

:trollface:

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

You do know he plays on Pacific Ocean Blue?

But on topic, anyone who thinks Brian Wilson is shit really has got a micro-brain (pointing at you, Monobrow Noel).

Wow, no I did not but it makes sense as that track definitely has the funkiest of bass lines. Mind blown, wow to be in that studio witnessing the recording is a thing of greatness. Legendary!

Noel is an egotist and a plagiarist, I'm sure he commented once (drunkenly) how he basically ripped off a bunch of Seattle bands and of course The Beatles (obviously).

A quick google search will tell you most of the guitar parts are plagiarised; there are many videos demonstrating this too.

Â