January Transfers 2023

sne

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Bournemouth spending £20m on a winger from Lorient I see. Ouattara. Dunno anything about him. 

Seems Lorient and Bournemouth have the same majority stakeholder

• Like 2

Brighton remind me a lot of Brentford in the championship. They’ve a system and way of playing that i think makes them look better than the sum of their parts. I don’t really know how good Trossard is to be honest.  Bissouma and Cucurella have looked very average though since moving on which makes you wonder how good they are individually versus married to a system and style that hid their weaknesses which would become apparent more outside of the “ Brighton way “ so to speak. 

51 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Guedes leaving wolves already, only signed in the summer

Forgot they even had him

Said earlier they've got great depth out wide with neto, podence, traore and now sarabia forgot about Guedes on top of that

Struggling at striker and CB though and no great depth at CM until this window, their squad building is weird

21 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Madueke gets a contract over 7 years. Chelsea using contract lengths now to circumvent FFP further. 

But surely this has the potential to bite them in the arse in 4/5 years’ time right?

If the majority of these signings do not pan out as hoped, Chelsea are going to be stuck paying significant wages to sub-standard players who they can’t sell because no one else will offer them the same wages right? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

But surely this has the potential to bite them in the arse in 4/5 years’ time right?

If the majority of these signings do not pan out as hoped, Chelsea are going to be stuck paying significant wages to sub-standard players who they can’t sell because no one else will offer them the same wages right? 

They'll be banking of being in a super league by then to keep the money flowing 

• Like 1

Â