João Félix

Delphinho123

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

they paid 120 million for him

Don’t think Atletico are in a great place financially, getting knocked out of Europe has been a disaster for them.

He wasn’t worth 120m, Benfica are known for selling their star youth players at inflated prices.

Atletico will never make that back on him, even if he goes to someone else.

As I said in the Winter transfer thread, Mendes could see it as a perfect steppingstone to a move to Madrid or Barca in the future which is currently not an option. Be harder for him to join one of those from say a P$G, Chel$ea, Manche$ter UTD, Ar$enal, or Manche$ter Citeh…  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think my favourite from last decade is when Benzema was bench warming behind Higuain at Real Madrid for a few months and Houllier jokingly said in press conference he'd love him here and so that rumour ran for a few weeks before he scored a hat trick and got back into their team.

It's not impossible but very unlikely. Then again 12 months back loads would've probably deemed Coutinho a very unrealistic signing but it happened although different stage of his career as we've generally seen since.

Yeah, I'm thinking back and I don't think I was posting in On Topic very much but I didn't think Coutinho on loan was a particularly unlikely move IIRC. It made a fair amount of sense really. This feels quite different and several degrees more unlikely. 

• Like 1

Â