Club Crest Discussion (2022 version)

Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I don’t think it does, I think the 3D renders on the club shop of the shirt are wrong…

To be fair it is a shambles, but at least that lion isn’t there 

It looks they've changed it on the store now. How about this then, the description of the kids kit:

"Cover your net in true Villa style with the official Aston Villa goalkeeper shirt of the 2023-24 season. The stylish black colourway is accentuated with green highlights and features matching Villa and Castore emblems on the chest. Sponsor logos on the chest and sleeves give an authentic team aesthetic and cuffs at the sleeves ensure it will stay in place with every stretch and dive for the ball."

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I don’t think it does, I think the 3D renders on the club shop of the shirt are wrong…

To be fair it is a shambles, but at least that lion isn’t there 

How they going to fit Douglas Luiz on the back of that with the blue at the top, it’ll be half way down his back 😂

5 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

How they going to fit Douglas Luiz on the back of that with the blue at the top, it’ll be half way down his back 😂

Good thing we've sold Chukwuemeka

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

If that is the case though why not communicate that with us? To spring it on us in the way it was has been a PR nightmare.

They did, they said they going to monitor the badge over this season. It’s not scrapped as yet. It has a year to prove its self. 

but it’s obvious enough it won’t survive. 

for me, I’m happier they didn’t go full in and bin it next season. It’s a bland badge that wasn’t accompanied with any extra visual brand identity. 

hopefully Villa will find a badge that stands out and uniquely is Aston Villa

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 3

Here is a solution.

Run a new poll, for those entitled to vote last time, with the new badge we voted for in 2022 alongside a new version with the lion facing the traditional way? I am thinking it is the 'wrong' facing lion that caused issues with the new crest?

I think it needs sorting ASAP and this might be a way out.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

30 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

They did, they said they going to monitor the badge over this season. It’s not scrapped as yet. It has a year to prove its self. 

What's it got to do, look Steven Gerrard in the eyes?

10 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Here is a solution.

Run a new poll, for those entitled to vote last time, with the new badge we voted for in 2022 alongside a new version with the lion facing the traditional way? I am thinking it is the 'wrong' facing lion that caused issues with the new crest?

I think it needs sorting ASAP and this might be a way out.

And if the one lion facing backwards wins then we have a lion facing the wrong way this season?

I feel like that would be even worse...

Someone mentioned that we voted for a new crest under Lerner, with last seasons (and this seasons 🙄) crest winning.

Does anyone have the other crests that we voted on?

I can't remember what the other options were now.

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Geez some of you need to go out and chill and enjoy the sun or get laid or something … the OTT reactionary bollox being spouted is borderline psychotic and lacks any sense of perspective and shows that some of y’all should maybe just get a life outside of Villa and VT … All in my opinion but some of the responses from grown up men/ ladies / non-binary is so childlike and not based on any logic other than faux outrage and bandwagon behaviour … The new round badge is pretty shit and shows why fans shouldn’t have a say in crucial design and aesthetic decisions. Most don’t seem to know out ass from our elbows when it comes down to these types of things…. Go have a Tommy tank or connect with nature and then ask yourself why do I care so much and then maybe y’all see what I see which is kinda a none issue imo. Just my take on it which is as valid as your desires to deride the club and froth at the mouth over a bloody badge… All in my humble opinion  

In fairness the crest is the image of the club that we all support; it would be nice to have a club crest that supporters can be proud of.

It's not the supporters fault if the choices that the club offered up to vote on were not of a high standard.

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Geez some of you need to go out and chill and enjoy the sun or get laid or something …

I wish! 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

but it’s obvious enough it won’t survive.

Again, you're forming a reply to me around something I didn't say. They haven't mentioned a contractual obligation they think they can get a better deal on.

20 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Geez some of you need to go out and chill and enjoy the sun or get laid or something … the OTT reactionary bollox being spouted is borderline psychotic and lacks any sense of perspective and shows that some of y’all should maybe just get a life outside of Villa and VT … All in my opinion but some of the responses from grown up men/ ladies / non-binary is so childlike and not based on any logic other than faux outrage and bandwagon behaviour … The new round badge is pretty shit and shows why fans shouldn’t have a say in crucial design and aesthetic decisions. Most don’t seem to know out ass from our elbows when it comes down to these types of things…. Go have a Tommy tank or connect with nature and then ask yourself why do I care so much and then maybe y’all see what I see which is kinda a none issue imo. Just my take on it which is as valid as your desires to deride the club and froth at the mouth over a bloody badge… All in my humble opinion  

Calm down.

• Haha 4

Â