Club Crest Discussion (2022 version)

Demitri_C

Important to note, the plan was absolutely to incorporate this new badge on digital media. If you remember during the voting process, they provided reference to how both options looked on both the social media accounts and in the official premier league highlights package.

So something’s changed since then.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Tbf, there isn’t much going on at a football club. Branding and the kit is actually a massive chunk of it. And they’ve totally **** it. If I couldn’t have that basic attention to detail in my job I’d be fired immediately. They just don’t seem to care. Ruins the positive vibe around the club and is completely unprofessional. Don’t see any other top clubs doing this sort of thing. 

I was talking more about the little lion on the back of the shirt.

But as for the 2 badges. someone clearly isn’t happy with the new one so it’s pointless spending unnecessary money on changing it everywhere just for one season.   We will have a new badge everywhere ready for 24/25 season and it will be everywhere for a very long time. All this 2 badge nonsense will be forgotten when the season kicks off.

Moniter this AVFC

The old badge is £^$^"ing shite. Always has been always will be.

You have pissed me off now, and I was having a lovely day even though I finished work 2 hours later than planned, but spirits high - the new shirt will be waiting for my perusal when I get home. Now I find out some corporate speak for $%^& you Villamarv.

Sort it the **** out and get rid of that yellow cartoonish lion on that blue background.

No money from me until the old one is gone. I've been looking forward to new merch for months.

Worst of both worlds this. Those like me that like the new badge you just flipped us the bird. Those that don't like it still don't.

You just made most of us unhappy

WTAF?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Guessing it’s a Heck decision. Only other theory is maybe they got a trademark complaint from Chelsea or something and agreed to change it next season.  

I welcome the news as I always wanted something more bold.  

look at your avatar FFS. Chelsea don't own round badges. WTAF are you talking about?

8 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Moniter this AVFC

The old badge is £^$^"ing shite. Always has been always will be.

You have pissed me off now, and I was having a lovely day even though I finished work 2 hours later than planned, but spirits high - the new shirt will be waiting for my perusal when I get home. Now I find out some corporate speak for $%^& you Villamarv.

Sort it the **** out and get rid of that yellow cartoonish lion on that blue background.

No money from me until the old one is gone. I've been looking forward to new merch for months.

Worst of both worlds this. Those like me that like the new badge you just flipped us the bird. Those that don't like it still don't.

You just made most of us unhappy

WTAF?

Well said, bravo. Agree with every word

1 hour ago, abdomlahor said:

Important to note, the plan was absolutely to incorporate this new badge on digital media. If you remember during the voting process, they provided reference to how both options looked on both the social media accounts and in the official premier league highlights package.

So something’s changed since then.

The whole vote was about "brand identity". And that was the driver behind it - what the image of Aston Villa is.

The club made a joke of it.

4 hours ago, KMitch said:

A matchday carpark steward?  Not at all...

The President of Business Operations?  Absolutely.

When he leaves in 2-3 years? Someone else comes in and changes it again. Amateur hour IMO. 

We're not an American franchise team. It shouldn't be changing this regularly. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

When he leaves in 2-3 years? Someone else comes in and changes it again. Amateur hour IMO. 

We're not an American franchise team. It shouldn't be changing this regularly. 

They don't change their badges that often. Our badge imo looks too much like an American badge. Shouldn't have done a circular badge. 

5 hours ago, KMitch said:

Look at the new badge compared with the rest of the Prem.  It doesn't pop like the other recent redesigns (Brentford, Man City, Spurs, etc.) and of all the circle badges, we're the most muted.  Not really something that can be iconic to a global brand.  It makes sense to see us do everything over again, as painful as it'll be.  

I genuimely think it's the best of the bunch.

I love the new badge. I also think the club could have built a brand around it. It’s frustrating that the new team seemingly don’t agree. I’d prefer it if they could communicate this if it’s the case, but recognise there may be complicating factors. Resolving my frustration will rely on whatever they come up with next being better the current badge (tall order from my perspective).

• Like 3

I've never been completely over the moon with the new badge, so I can understand a new regime looking at it and thinking 'that needs to be better'. It has the classic designed by committee look where there's nothing really truly bad about it but nothing amazing either, and the distinct feeling it's a bit of a fudge. You put it in with other clubs (globally) and it disappears, looks a little old and dull and nothing grabs you about it. I can't imagine the design team behind it are that proud of it.

This announcement though is farcical.

• Like 2

The handling has been shocking. The fact they are thinking of waiting till next season for a full rebrand following CP’s exit, not so much. 

Work on VP, BMH etc. I get, but I think it should be the badge on the PL, Sky Sports, BT/TNT etc  

Reminds me of that season Everton had a new badge, then went back and redesigned the old with a sprinkle of new and moved on from there the following season. 

They really need to come out and tell us what’s going on. If the answer is “the new CEO hates it, thinks it’s shite and wants to try again but it was too late for the kit so we kind of **** it” then I wouldn’t mind. This two badges with barely any explanation is madness though and really truly deeply embarrassing. Going to confuse the **** out of everyone all season and we will be a laughing stock (and deservedly so) for being so incompetent. 

Was hoping we’d left all this behind in the Lerner era. 

• Like 1

Â