Club Crest Discussion (2022 version)

Demitri_C

25 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’ve just knocked this up in about 5 mins on my phone, and obv it’s shit, and it’s a clip art lion… but you could use a diamond shape to be the A and V and have a lion and… well, to be honest this is rubbish, but if a designer spent a bit more time on this concept it could work 

IMG_3871.jpeg

I used to have one of these paint by colours when I was pre-school 😉

13 hours ago, skarroki said:

I have the artistic talent of a 3 year old with a blindfold on but I've given it a go of the design I'd like, if anyone with more ability would like to take the "proper" gas lamp outline idea along with the more classic rampant lion and the star at the top of the badge, plus the Aston Villa FC all being on the badge along with 1874, I'd appreciate it.

Aston villa.png

I hope you are getting the right medical support mate 😉

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’ve just knocked this up in about 5 mins on my phone, and obv it’s shit, and it’s a clip art lion… but you could use a diamond shape to be the A and V and have a lion and… well, to be honest this is rubbish, but if a designer spent a bit more time on this concept it could work 

IMG_3871.jpeg

@Teale's 'tachehad an amazing version of this

17f652147539317.Y3JvcCw4MDgsNjMyLDAsMA.j

There was an even more refined version I couldn't find.

I also like this gas lamp concept

lj3teecjywy91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

• Like 4

Here's the thing, people are alomost looking at things from an old school, stubborn perspective.

Got to keep in mind that there is a whole generation of young Villa fans, and future Villa fans which we need to cater to.

Everybody isn't going to like evolution, but it's both necessary and inevitable.

Importantly, global appeal as well.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Here's the thing, people are alomost looking at things from an old school, stubborn perspective.

Got to keep in mind that there is a whole generation of young Villa fans, and future Villa fans which we need to cater to.

Everybody isn't going to like evolution, but it's both necessary and inevitable.

Importantly, global appeal as well.

It’s a badge, not a boy band though.  Global appeal on a badge…the global appeal will be the players we have, the football we have, the success we have, the badge isn’t going to be the difference.  Plus different markets like different styles, so one style won’t fit all.

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It’s a badge, not a boy band though.  Global appeal on a badge…the global appeal will be the players we have, the football we have, the success we have, the badge isn’t going to be the difference.  Plus different markets like different styles, so one style won’t fit all.

Why’s it all such a big deal then?

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why’s it all such a big deal then?

Americans do love them their branding and naming stuff. They are rather good at it too even if it might seem a bit silly to me. But I'm not the target audience.

The reactions from grown men over a badge (or two). 🤣. I just don’t get it. Maybe it’s me!

It's the visual representation of the club. I

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Can you elaborate on your question please? Do you mean to me, to Heck to the bigger thing

I mean to fans. Why are fans so upset about what has happened ?  I’ve heard some say it’s embarrassing, some say it’s bad for image in UK and globally.  One even said they’ve never felt so dissociated with the club before. 

In reality nobody really gives a shit apart from a few fans that love a good moan!

The reactions from grown men over a badge (or two). 🤣. I just don’t get it. Maybe it’s me!

Same could be said about reactions to a ball kicked around by 22 men, to reaction of grown men to bringing in another man to a club, the commenting on a website with people you haven’t met.  What we do as Villa fans and talk about constantly on this board you could argue is not what grown men should do but that’s the way it is…

Just now, nick76 said:

Same could be said about reactions to a ball kicked around by 22 men, to reaction of grown men to bringing in another man to a club, the commenting on a website with people you haven’t met.  What we do as Villa fans and talk about constantly on this board you could argue is not what grown men should do but that’s the way it is…

Fair point. You’re all losers! 😉 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Cartoon cock eyed lion, with 18 question mark 4, with a mountain on his head looking through a window….😉

He does look a bit like a wizard lion but as the first stab at overly aggressive, negative feedback, top marks Nick76 😭

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I mean to fans. Why are fans so upset about what has happened ?  I’ve heard some say it’s embarrassing, some say it’s bad for image in UK and globally.  One even said they’ve never felt so dissociated with the club before. 

In reality nobody really gives a shit apart from a few fans that love a good moan!

That’s unfair to say “a few fans that love a good moan”…to some of us, the representation of the club means something. To the global fan base it might not mean much.  To Heck it’s part of his portfolio and need to build a global brand he wants and is one part of many parts of that strategy.

Just now, burchy said:

He does look a bit like a wizard lion but as the first stab at overly aggressive, negative feedback, top marks Nick76 😭

Sorry mate, you kinda wanted negative feedback in your comment tone so felt playful in my response…it’s not my cup of tea but not as bad as I said.

Â