73 members have voted

1. 1. Will you watch the World Cup

• Yes, As any games as possible
    • None, complete boycott
    • Your own countries games
    • Just the big games
    • Undecided

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/11/22 at 23:59

Qatar and the Middle East as a whole is a **** up place. The whole world is but that part of the world is just so backwards. 

Then add on top the much much less important factor that Southgate/England are so boring. The squad is shite. 

I have no interest in it and I won’t be watching a single second of it. 

**** Qatar. **** FIFA. 

1 hour ago, sne said:

I'll watch the odd game here and there, but I have no interest in the tournament and have not read a single article about the teams, groups or whatever.

Could not name you how any of the groups look or when they play. I'm even less interested in this than I am about the CL. 

Obviously I'd be more invested if Sweden had qualified and we had a different manager but there is so much about this tournament to dislike that it wouldn't have made much difference. I'm not even gonna bother with the WC betting thing we have at work.

Kinda feel sorry for whoever wins this championship because it will always be tainted and with a big * next to it.

Usually I buy the bumper World Soccer edition of all the squads and players but didnt even look this year

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Usually I buy the bumper World Soccer edition of all the squads and players but didnt even look this year

Yeah same here. Perfect for reading on the toilet. No interest this time.

This is difficult, as I said in the WC thread, after watching the FIFA Uncovered programme and knowing that thousands of people died to build the infrastructure for a tournament that was awarded through corruption to what is in effect a city state with no football heritage it leaves a very nasty taste in the mouth to even watch it. I don't like International football so I won't be making an effort to watch the games, but of course if England start to do well there will be a draw towards watching a game. After a month of news about the regime on terrestrial broadcasters it seems they have all put that to bed and are now looking forward to going to this country.

I said I will boycott it in the poll and I intend and hope I can stick to that.

• Like 1

Won’t be watching a game, know it won’t make a difference and they won’t care in the slightest but it what it is. Won’t be telling people to turn it off if I visit and they are watching it but I won’t be putting it on myself or going to venues with the purpose to watch it etc.

At least with Southgate in charge I know I won’t be missing much.

• Like 2

I've got the first week of it off work and staying at my in laws so yeah I'll probably watch all of that as well as the England and Germany games down the pub with the father in law

It'll then be the opposite for the rest of the tournament though, moving house and starting a new job so I won't mess about with it too much, probably just the night and weekend games, looks like England's knockout games will be a Sunday then a Saturday then a Wednesday (I know) so ill struggle with the semi final 

I'm not sure I'll watch a game in England socially, down the pub or at a mates house which will be the weirdest thing

Nope, you can **** the whole thing sky high as far as this cat's concerned.

I was at the FIFA museum a few weeks back.  They give you a nice little coin-token-thingy to use their lockers as you can't take bags in, which you're meant to return at the end.

I didn't give mine back.

Yeah, take that Sepp, Michel and Gianni, you massive words removed.

• Like 1

Zero interest, and I will be very happy for it all to be over so normal footballing programming can resume.

Reasons being, there are enough things happening in my life to keep me preoccupied. Another reason is my country is there simply to make up the numbers, and just as England have a shite manager in Southgate, we too have a shite manager in Graham Arnold. Graham Arnold is to Southgate as Bolsinaro was to Trump, so, he is quite crap, and he is taking a crap selection of our country's players to play in a crap tournament in a crap country.

I would rather watch the American version of "The Inbetweeners" dubbed in mandarin while trying to widen my pee hole with a toothpick than watch any of it.

only the Germany game, sniff, booze and Stone Islanded up to smash the German market in town when we lose on penalties (again) 

ENG ERRR LANNND  ENG ERRR LANNND ENG ERRR LANNND 

• Haha 2