Christmas 2022

Seat68

On 13/12/2022 at 19:33, Xela said:

5yymbi.jpg

It literally took me a full hour to untangle ours. I asked my son after about 30 mins if the lights are really that important. Turns out they are. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, turvontour said:

Is there anything in the world more desperate then a scratch card? Cant you just tell the person whether they have won money or not upfront rather than have them standing there in the shop shaving away at a piece of card with a 2p coin.

All they are is a bit more profit In the bag for the lottery company. I have to say I have never bought one, to me its a load of boll***s, as is the lottery, big winners always seem to be a middle aged man and wife who are going on a luxury cruise and having their Million plus house redecorated while there away. 🤣

35 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yep, we usually play Ticket to RIde, its our board game of choice in recent years

We played a brutal one called bad people last year if your not eaisly offended its a laugh along with cards against humanity. 

The wife wants to play mr and mrs this year so im expecting some divorces come bocing day!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We played a brutal one called bad people last year if your not eaisly offended its a laugh along with cards against humanity. 

The wife wants to play mr and mrs this year so im expecting some divorces come bocing day!

Or a baby in September ;)

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Well, I'm getting some whiskey glasses for Christmas, because I bought some for myself today and was asked if I still have the receipt:D

Get yourself a nice decanter to go with it. Looks classy next to some nice whisky glasses 

I have a really good skull one i love it 

• Like 1

I love Christmas but absolutely hate the lead up to it.

People acting like animals in super markets barging and shoving. Buying so much shit that wont get eaten and ends up in the bin. People fighting over parking spots

Tesco was like a royal rumble. Im not stepping foot in a supermarket until  xmas days over.

• Like 2

I've got to brave the supermarket tomorrow at some point.

Won't be Sainsburys at Mere Green as that was like the Walking Dead even last week! 

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Well, I'm getting some whiskey glasses for Christmas, because I bought some for myself today and was asked if I still have the receipt:D

Just why the **** would you be buying anything for yourself just before Christmas? 

head-shake-robert-downey-jr.gif

So my son was supposed to return yesterday from his first semester at university.  Major snowstorm in the Pacific Northwest and his flight is cancelled right as he's about to leave for the airport.  No way to get through to anyone on the phone to rebook since they all direct you to go online.  Next available flight listed for that airline is on 12/24, and our whole family is scheduled to fly to Mexico that day.  Buses to Seattle, where we could probably find flights, are all cancelled.  We manage to get him on a train as far as Bellingham, WA tonight (no seats available to Seattle) and a flight out of there tomorrow to Las Vegas and on to San Jose after a bit of a layover.  Then my wife gets an e-mail from the airline saying to expect delays or cancellations for any flights out of a list of airports that includes Bellingham.  Wifey is freaking out right now.  If he can't fly out in the morning, the only way to get him home in time is to somehow get him to Seattle, probably by Uber ($300) and hope we can get him on a flight.

• Sad 1