Christmas 2022

Seat68

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

Whatever Xmas radio shite they have on in the main room outside my office has been playing it on the hour since 1st December

That's the problem. I quite like Stop the Cavalry, but I only want to hear it once a year. Same with the other 70s Xmas hits - Slade, Elton, Shakey, Rea, Live Aid, Lennon, Waitresses, Lake, etc. Once only, preferably on Xmas Eve. It's one of the many reasons why I avoid radio. 

• Like 1

Well it took 'til the 13th but I finally feel Christmassy today. Up go the decorations and let the wrapping commence. Big weekend of catch-up coming up, but it's all good 👍

• Like 1

Working in a shop at Christmas will destroy your desire to hear much Christmas music. A month of the same hour of music over and over.

I think it's the main reason I now like some weirder Christmas songs - I didn't listen to Steeleye Span's Gaudete 8 times a day for a month, for instance.

• Like 1

Our extension still not complete, builder has promised by the end of the week, which is great ( 6 weeks late) but Kitchen fitter has finished till new year so dont help really with no where to cook, so we are not feeling the spirit. Managed to move stuff back into the shell to at least have space to put up a few decorations and the tree up for our 7 year old, Mrs is Fuming, she's not the only one, Im just snapping at everything the builder asks now an who can blame me. If we knew, we just would have booked Christmas Dinner at the local, no way I'm going to my parents which has been suggested.

On 13/12/2022 at 18:33, Xela said:

5yymbi.jpg

The last time I set a Christmas tree up I literally did this.

The tree also had 2 legs instead of 3 on its stand, for some reason, so it was slightly leant against the wall of the corner it was in.

I may as well have not bothered. And since then I haven't.

• Haha 1

A house round the corner from me has a series of large, gaudy outdoor decorations.  They're all pretty unusual, not the usual kind of things you see about.  I've no idea where they got them from.

But the main piece is on tip of their flat roof garage.  It's a massive, and I mean MASSIVE Christmas Bauble.  It doesn't look inflatable, I'm pretty sure it's solid - maybe it splits in half for storage or something.

They've also got a very large Christmas tree which looks like it's make of Perspex sheets or something. 

Not been past at night yet to know if they all light up but you would think so.

Anyway, it's all very unique.

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

A house round the corner from me has a series of large, gaudy outdoor decorations.  They're all pretty unusual, not the usual kind of things you see about.  I've no idea where they got them from.

But the main piece is on tip of their flat roof garage.  It's a massive, and I mean MASSIVE Christmas Bauble.  It doesn't look inflatable, I'm pretty sure it's solid - maybe it splits in half for storage or something.

They've also got a very large Christmas tree which looks like it's make of Perspex sheets or something. 

Not been past at night yet to know if they all light up but you would think so.

Anyway, it's all very unique.

Take the golf clubs to them.

• Haha 1

Scratch cards are a good last minute prezzie, according to there repetitive advert on the radio. Personally I really don't think they are, unless it's a random you feel you need to buy for. I'd be pissed if someone (enter expletive here)  bought me a scratch card for Christmas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Regardless of my thoughts on the man, that is an awful likelness, the body and head shape are all wrong

An unnecessary amount of effort seems to have been put in to the contours of his cock.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Scratch cards are a good last minute prezzie, according to there repetitive advert on the radio. Personally I really don't think they are, unless it's a random you feel you need to buy for. I'd be pissed if someone (enter expletive here)  bought me a scratch card for Christmas.

Me too

Wouldn't mind one in a home made cracker though which I'm sure they also say

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Me too

Wouldn't mind one in a home made cracker though which I'm sure they also say

Can't believe your prefer a scratch card to a small piece of fish shaped cellophane. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Is there anything in the world more desperate then a scratch card? Cant you just tell the person whether they have won money or not upfront rather than have them standing there in the shop shaving away at a piece of card with a 2p coin.

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

Is there anything in the world more desperate then a scratch card? Cant you just tell the person whether they have won money or not upfront rather than have them standing there in the shop shaving away at a piece of card with a 2p coin.

When I was in my teens scratch cards were relatively new. One of the breweries ran a competition where every pint you bought came with a scratchcard.  You could scratch one box off from a choice of about 30 and win a free pint and another scratchcard. 

Someone realised that if you held the card in front of a light you could see the winning text.  I remember going to the local pub with a couple of quid and a torch.  I don't remember much else. 🤣

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Speeling mishsteaks
  • Haha 3