And he’d get all xmassy red with fury

If he heard Michael Bublé or Mariah Carey

But as his family was gathered this eve

He enjoyed it a lot, which made him believe

To be close, share food and the gift of love

The gathering of family around the stove

Is xmas and that can’t come from a store

Xmas, after all, means a little bit more

Yeah I don't hate Xmas, I just hate what society believes Xmas is about. 

I hope your Xmas is a merry one my friend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yeah I don't hate Xmas, I just hate what society believes Xmas is about. 

I hope your Xmas is a merry one my friend.

Absolutely agree and can totally relate. My little Dr. Seuss rip-off is entirely autobiographical. 

Merry xmas to you too!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Magic day.

Kids elf (they called it chocolate elf for some reason) left to go back to the North Pole last night, but left my two lads their Xmas eve boxes (PJ's sweets and a film for the car DVD players).  Mrs Lap was also left a box (no crotchless pants this year..).

Did a little bit of last min rushing around and then went to Warwick Castle to have stories with Santa and the light experience.

Well Mr and Mrs Claus were absolutely brilliant, kids loved it.  And the light walk through the castle gardens was absolutely top notch.  We did it last year but it was bitterly cold and hammering down with rain.  Tonight, we had no clouds and stars, was just magical.

Got back at 8pm, got the kids in (3 year old exhausted) and got them to do the Santa whiskey, milk, mince pies and carrot bits, before putting eco friendly reindeer food across the drive and hanging Santa's magic key outside the door.

My 7 year old (8 in Jan) was in bed, telling me how he saw Santa's sleigh whilst we were driving home.  I had to pop to Grandma's house, around the corner to pick their presents up. came back and told him I'd just seen him, and tried to keep up with his sleigh, speeding like a demon down a dual carriageway, but he was way too fast.. his eyes were like saucers.  I'm glad we had that little moment, because a few times this year's he's been playing it cool.  Nearly cried like a baby when I realised it's all nearly over for my eldest.. you only get 3/4 top quality Xmas's, with the magic - too young to understand for 3 of them and too old with school rumours once they hit 7/8..

Please embrace it 😞

Really looking forward to tomorrow, then it's Mrs Laps birthday on boxing day!  Busy few days ahead!

Hope everyone has a peaceful, fun filled Xmas, take care x

Yeah, it's never the same once the kids get older. Those years are magic, glad you're making the most of it. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Slow roast pork sandwiches with crackling, stuffing, pigs in blankets, fish and gravy. Home alone. Some Polly’s pale ales, a nice Malbec, quality streets, building up to some Track gold tops later.

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals x

Know where I'm showing up next year!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

Never felt less Christmassy in all honesty. 

Was ill at the crucial weekend so the house was decorated much later, shopping became rushed. 

Mrs Sidcow has taken to staying up late so I've lost my me time watching my own Christmas stuff. 

Dad's in hospital very ill and as Flu is on the ward we've not been able to visit today or even tomorrow, even before his illness casts a shadow over everything really. 

We're not hosting for the first time in years as Mum was worried about Dad travelling (before he got ill) so we're going to hers even though Dad isn't there at all, so the routine of cooking the Turkey and bacon sandwiches off its back has gone. 

It's a very different year this year. Sorry to put a personal downer on it but I wish you all a fantastic Christmas. 

Very sorry to hear that SidCow.

I hope even though it's different this year, you share it with your closest and find some moments of joy :thumb:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

Never felt less Christmassy in all honesty. 

Was ill at the crucial weekend so the house was decorated much later, shopping became rushed. 

Mrs Sidcow has taken to staying up late so I've lost my me time watching my own Christmas stuff. 

Dad's in hospital very ill and as Flu is on the ward we've not been able to visit today or even tomorrow, even before his illness casts a shadow over everything really. 

We're not hosting for the first time in years as Mum was worried about Dad travelling (before he got ill) so we're going to hers even though Dad isn't there at all, so the routine of cooking the Turkey and bacon sandwiches off its back has gone. 

It's a very different year this year. Sorry to put a personal downer on it but I wish you all a fantastic Christmas. 

I feel your pain. 

My illness hasn't gone yet but the wife now seems worse than me, which is bad for her as she's got a fifty mile round trip to see her mother in a nursing home who has terminal cancer. 

Step daughter is here for a few days staying at arms length in case she contracts the foul lurgie. 

• Sad 2

Awful start to Xmas day. My Partner is on call today and she’s just been called out. Got to go to Manchester so she’ll probably be out all day 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

If you got a ps5 for Christmas it wouldn't be so bad....

The one plus is that I’ll now be cooking dinner so at least it will be edible 🤣